Www.studyingjapaneseswords.com

This is revised chapter 62, the second part of chapter 26, Overview of the Sin-to.  This chapter explains 

the Shin-to characteristics and picturesque Hamon.  Please click the link above to go to this chapter directly.

https://studyingjapaneseswords.com/2019/08/19/63part-2-of-27overview-of-shin-to 新刀)/

Thank you

Yurie 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is revised chapter 63, the second part of chapter 27, Shin-to Main 7 regions, part A.  This chapter explains one of the 

seven regions of the Shin-to sword.  Please click the link below to go to this chapter directly.

https://studyingjapaneseswords.com/2019/08/27/64part-2-of-28-main-7-areas-among-shin-to-sword-part-a/

Thank you

Yurie 

This is the revised Chapter 64, the second part of Chapter 28, Shin-to Main 7 Regions, part B. 

This chapter explains the seven regions of the Shin-to sword.  Please click the link below to go to this chapter.

https://studyingjapaneseswords.com/2019/09/02/65part-2-of-29-main-7-area-among-shin-to-sword-part-b/

Thank you

Yurie

• Like 1

https://studyingjapaneseswords.com/2019/09/09/66part-2-of-30-bakumatsu-period-history-幕末時代/

This is chapter 65, the second part of chapter 29, Bakumatsu Period History. 

This chapter narrates the process of Commodore M.C. Perry brought the diplomatic document to 

Japan and opens three ports for foreign ships.  Please click the link above to go to this chapter directly.

Thank you 

Yurie 

• Like 4

New revised Chapter 66, the second part of Chapter 30, Shin shin-to Bakumatsu period sword was posted. 

This chapter explains a few swordsmiths of this time.  Please click the link above to go to this chapter 

directly.

https://studyingjapaneseswords.com/2019/09/24/67-part-2-of-31shin-shin-to-bakumatsu-period-sword-1781-1867/

Thank you

Yurie 

• Like 1

Yurie, this is an impressive series of cameos on the whole history of the Japanese sword. I have started reading them only recently, and it has taken a bit of time to get the feel as they jump around a bit.  But there is much valuable information in them plus some amusing anecdotes.  I hope you have plans to pull it all together some time.  Cheers, Mal

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your comment.  

The comment like yours keeps me going.  I am working with an editor to put this together to a book.

But constantly doubtful mind keeps me telling that what I am writing is not worth anything.

Your comment really cheer me up.

Thank you

Yurie 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yurie, I also enjoy reading it and would certainly buy the book. In your shinshinto/bakumatsu part you recently posted, please have a look at subscript  of your picture with the Gassan Sadakazu katana. It does say Kiyomaro like in the picture above that one instead of Gassan Sadakazu. Best regards and keep up posting the updates! John

Good morning  Yurie san,

Thank you for your diligence.

Truly, the concept of a Book is daunting, placing your heart on display for all to see.

Respectfully, please have the courage to fail.

If the sum total of all you have so freely shared with us here on NMB over the past few years is a gauge by which to assess the Book, then it is surely destined to become an important resource for future generations to come.

As an eyewitness to a specific aspect of History, your position is unique, your observations hold a validity which truly deserves to be recorded.

頑張ってください 

• Like 5

On 12/20/2020 at 9:58 PM, JAL said:

Hi Yurie, I also enjoy reading it and would certainly buy the book. In your shinshinto/bakumatsu part you recently posted, please have a look at subscript  of your picture with the Gassan Sadakazu katana. It does say Kiyomaro like in the picture above that one instead of Gassan Sadakazu. Best regards and keep up posting the updates! John

Hi, Jal,

Thank you very much for pointing me that.

Yes, you are right, I had the same caption under Kiyomaro and Gassan.

First I write on word, then copy to website.  Then I always double check to make sure the copy is right.

But my eyes get funny sometime.  I did not realize the same captions was there.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.  The comment like this is very valuable.

Yurie 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

https://studyingjapaneseswords.com/2019/02/20/12-5-part-2-ikubi-kissaki-continued/

This is chapter 45 of my website "studyingjapanesesword.com".  I changed the photos of Kunimune of this chapter.  Please click the link above.  I have been working to create my website into a book.  Photos were changed here and there.  Here is one.

Thank you 

Yurie 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

https://studyingjapaneseswords.com/2018/03/17/20-nanboku-cho-tanto/

The photo in "Chapter 19 Nanboku-cho Period Tanto" was changed. 

Please click the link above to go to the chapter directly.

I finished editing and correcting the draft and working to publish the book but I am having difficulty

deciding which publisher suits me and how to go about.  Vast information to go through. 

Creating a physical book is harder than writing.

Yurie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

It is not done yet.  It just went to production yesterday.

They say that ebook should be in 2 ~3 weeks, hard cover book should be another 2 to 3 weeks.

It should be sold on Amazon.

Yurie 

• Like 1

Congrats Yurie! I had been wondering how you were. Great to see the progress. I'd suggest speaking to a US book seller like Grey Doffin to distribute some through him.
We don't have a real working postal system here currently, and courier is too expensive. So I'll have to wait a bit, but will definitely pick up a copy.

Thank you very much for all your interest.

It has been very frustrating experience.

It should have been done a month ago.  

The publisher must have been very busy, and their workers must

have too much work to do.

2 weeks for eBook and another 2weeks on book is only their

estimate time.  The way it have been, I am not sure this is accurate estimate.

Thank you

Yurie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..