Www.studyingjapaneseswords.com

Thank you very much for encouraging me. 

My website has a statistic page.

It tells me the number of people who open my website every day.

They are between 40 to 160.  160 was the highest so far but it does not happen often.

Mostly 40 to 50 a day.

I must spread the word to more people.

Thank you

Yurie 

Thank you very much for encouraging me.  I really appreciate it.

My website has a statistic page.   It shows how many people visited my website each day.

They are between 40 to 160 a day.  But more like 40,50 a day, 160 is rare.

Two reasons I feel " what am I doing, is it worth writing?"

* Any article about sword needs more pictures.   I can use the Sano Museum book photos.  I contacted the head of Sano Museum (my father's friend)        and received permission to use.

The other picture I use is my father's sword that he took pictures of himself.   He was only amateur,  not good photos, 

* Even if somehow I can get good photos, it is not possible to show Kinsuji, Inazuma, Uchikake, Uturi, Aranie, O-hada, Nieguzure, Jinie.

But those are the special feature of each swordsmith.  It is necessary to see that.   I don't know how anybody gets the idea only with my writing with 

a small numbers of pictures.

One needs to see the textbook and look at the sword side by side and a teacher points out the special features.  That is the way you learn.  

Even Mitsutada, the sword made when he was young and when he was old is very different.  

I am very grateful many people encouraged me.  With the limited tool I have, I just have to keep writing.

Thank you

Yurie 

I have one important suggestion, Yurie. You really need a home page that shows a list of the chapters! When I click on Home, it puts me in the middle of your Chapter 9, with no way to easily find where you are starting, back in Jomon. Your information is presented nicely, other than that, with a different slant than other sources, so please keep up your writing.

Photos are of course helpful, but not absolutely necessary if you're an artist. Please take a look at how NMB member Markus Sesko has addressed this in his excellent kantei series, https://markussesko.com/kantei/ His line drawings, sketches, & oshigata are often more helpful than showing an actual blade, especially for new members who might not yet be able to see specific features. You can also see how he has set up a simple Home page.

I have just posted your Web-site on one of the Web-sites that I own, https://e-budo.com, so that my fellow sword swingers can learn about how Nihonto evolved. I only visit your site once a week to see what new information you've posted, & most people won't check it out daily, so you might set up your people-counter to see how many visitors are new, as that will indicate how well you're advertising your Web-site. Ganbatte!

• Like 3

I have " Table of contents" page.  I try to keep the table of contents page right after the newest chapter.

But this page keeps moving to lower unless I change the post date. 

I will keep it on the second page. But if you don't see it, most of the time it is 3 rd or 4th page down.

Right now, 3rd chapter down from the top.

you can go to the page you want to by clicking the title from the table of contents

Oshigata would be wonderful.  But many of the swords I am writing about is National treasure, Juyo Bunkazai,

and Ju-yo Bijutsuhin.  I can no longer get my hand on.   Next time I go to Japan,

I can ask my friend to see if printed Oshigata maybe available somewhere.

Thank you for your input

Yurie

Chapter 10 «Part 2» Middle Kamakura Period - - - -Bizen-Den was published.

Please visit my website "www.studyingjapanesesword.com"

I moved the table of contents to the top page.  The newest post is right after

the table of Contents.

Thank you for your support

Yurie 

• Like 1

Thank you Edwolf.  The comment from the reader like you keeps me going.

But the hardest thing is operating the computer.  Takes more time to operate

the computer than actual writing. 

For my age group, a computer is very difficult.

Yurie

Oh, come on, Yurie! I'm 72, & the computer is a wonderful tool! No more writer's cramp!

Your Table of Contents is now much better (thanks!), but please change the text from yellow, to black or blue so it's easier to see. And I suggest also spacing the table entries closer together so we can see more of it at the same time.

Your content is really quite useful, even for those of us who have studied Nihonto for many years.

I know the color is not easy to see.  But sorry, I did not choose the color. 

The website did it automatically.

I don't know how to change it, or may not be possible to change.

The spacing between the line also, it was automatic.

Sorry, but I will work on it.

Yurie

Hi Yurie,

I have enjoyed reading your site and already learned a few things I did not know.

Brian or moderators,

perhaps put the website link in Yurie-san's auto signature?

That small convenience will help get more people to click through to the website as this thread grows into a river.

• Like 3

Hello Yurie, I havnt had time to go through a whole lot of your wonderful site yet but it was recommended to me from a good friend and from what I have seen its great and I'm looking forward to reading more as I get time. Thank you very much for your efforts and sharing witn us here.

Regards

Greg

Dear Yurie san, 

I've been enjoying your blog, thank you. Your a good teacher! 

In your biography, you talked about your father's and Mori Sensei's study group that you were part of. I would love to learn more about both men as well as the incredible experience of growing up in that environment.  It's a fascinating part of sword study history, and a glimpse in to a world few Americans have experienced. So please share more about this.

Again, thank you

Tom Maurer  

• Like 1

TO Mr. Thomas M. and Mr. Michael S.

Thank you very much for writing to me.  I really appreciate receiving the comment from readers, since I don't hear nor cannot see the audiences,

a comment like this is the only thing I can tell anybody is interested in my blog.

To answer to Mr. Michael S. we used to keep those swords in the house.  We used to have a huge safe looks like a regular big Tatami room in our house.

We no longer own them after father's death.  He took care of them before his death for tax purpose.

To answer Mr. Tom Maurer, I avoided writing about my father and Mori Sensei, even though I could not avoid writing about them in a few places. 

It is my surprise to receive the request to write about them.  I thought I should stick to the sword.  If the audiences don't mind, I will write about them and a few other people.  Also, the history part, I tried to stick to the historical fact that has something to do with the sword.  I wrote so many interesting things about historical facts,  but in the end, I erased them.  So the history part is what Japanese high school textbook wrote.  If people don't mind reading about a history a little away from the sword, I will start writing about them.  Next chapter I will write about Dr. Compton a little more than I planned to.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

I just posted a new continued chapter  "12.5 «part 2» Ikubi Kissaki"  continued.

Please visit my website, www.studyingjapaneseswords.

I received a request to write about the experience of growing up in the sword environment. 

I wrote about Dr. Compton (big sword collector) and the time my father was greatly involved with him.

Thank you

Yurie 

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..