Masa Haru Kozuka - Mito?

Kurikata

Hi everobody

I have this Kozuka signed Masa Haru which is similar to the Kozuka presented in "the Arts of the Japanese Sword" of B.W. Robinson plate 81. It is mentioned that it is from Mito school. There are so many Masa Haru artists with the same Kanji....Would it be the Soiken Masaharu Haynes  H03925.0?

Does some one have tosogu pictures of this artist?

Thank you

Bruno

post-2467-0-34703300-1544132230_thumb.jpeg

post-2467-0-13653400-1544132232_thumb.jpeg

post-2467-0-58741900-1544132234_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

From the style, my first thought was Ishiguro school. I then checked Sesko's meikan, and there is an Ishiguro smith by the name of Masaharu. The signature on your kozuka is also much closer to Ishiguro Masaharu than Mito Masaharu. In my opinion, the author misattributed the kozuka   

post-2783-0-39389300-1544174742_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

From the style, my first thought was Ishiguro school. I then checked Sesko's meikan, and there is an Ishiguro smith by the name of Masaharu. The signature on your kozuka is also much closer to Ishiguro Masaharu than Mito Masaharu. In my opinion, the author misattributed the kozuka

I fully support this idea of a wrong attribution in this book. This kozuka has no elements which might bring to a Mito classification. I' ll dig in my research in the Ishiguro direction from now.Thank you for the information.

Taking advantage of Steven good advise,  I have check if this kozuka was on the Victoria and Albert Museum Website. Under the reference M.2144-1931 (Reference I got from the Arts of the Japanese Sword" of B.W. Robinson plate 81,) unfortunately there is no picture..... but the description is now ISHIGURO school (https://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O464344/kozuka/)... Kyle's opinion was in the right direction... Thank you both of you.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..