Catologuing

kissakai

I had a problem as I only have room for two display cases. Better half said one wall is enough

I ran out of space so all the tsuba with boxes went back into their boxes (I prefer to be able to see them on an open display but needs must)

There have been a couple of posts of labelling so I pinched the ideas and after a few day they have been labelled and re-ordered

The image quality is not good as it is more about the display and labelling than the tsuba images

I wondered why I added this post and sadly I only have one or two people a year who have viewed this collection - I'm so sad!

Anyway these are the images

Cabinets:

post-2100-0-00943300-1544099616_thumb.jpg

post-2100-0-22359400-1544099630_thumb.jpg

post-2100-0-70121900-1544099638_thumb.jpg

Tsuba labels:

post-2100-0-98199100-1544099648_thumb.jpg

post-2100-0-48024600-1544099659_thumb.jpg

Boxed:

post-2100-0-80005200-1544099669_thumb.jpg

post-2100-0-53157600-1544099678_thumb.jpg

Grev Central UK

• Like 7

Grev,

that was certainly a lot of work!

Nevertheless, I would like to second Steven as I like to see only a few TSUBA nicely presented. Imagine how long it takes to see and admire a TSUBA really close in hand. I don't think I would be able to enjoy many TSUBA at a time. 

I've heard the point of view about display less and see more

Every morning I check the computer which is adjascent to the cabinets so I look at them every day which is what I prefer

Also If I want to do a bit of research work on say the Choshu tsuba I can just remove the whole tray

Horses for courses

Horses for courses: My collection is put away that way I am free to turn the house into a steam bath if the kids are coming down with a sinus issues. It does seem like being able to study a tray full of a specific school would be a good way to become extremely familiar with that school.

Sounds like maybe some members, who can afford travel, need to visit. I have a desire to visit Britain, for instance; however Now I have to wait until the baby gets to be around five or so, which will be in about five years. I must take a rain check on inviting myself to visit .

Grev,

FWIW, I tend to leave out only a few pieces at a time so they have more visual impact.  even when I'm studying a group I move several of their boxes out of the safe, and then only put a few on stands to ponder.

The labeling is good, though I personally also add an image of the piece and any relevant information to the box label as well.  Note that 3M makes a photo paper with their post-it note adhesive on the back - its annoying in that there are "stripes" of the adhesive, so you are a little limited on the dimensions (its best to have the adhesive at the ends for example) but other than that its excellent (adhesive won't bugger up box, etc).

post-204-0-37546700-1544118760_thumb.jpgpost-204-0-97911900-1544119105_thumb.jpg

Here's the paper:

https://www.amazon.com/Post-Picture-Paper-Finish-20-Sheet-x/dp/B000DCNWDC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544118777&sr=8-3&keywords=post+it+photo+paper

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

• Like 4

i do recognise some of these Tsuba.... :)

you should not longer collect in such a high amount i think....

having seen so many Tsuba now...and having had the opportunity so to equally study them....

you should try to find a way for your´s own personal taste,study and professionality....( well, least, this is what i did decide me long years ago already...)

( i but did start equal like you describe on your´s pictures and words...so no worry! :thumbsup: )

i did sort me out of this resulting mess- finally- in looking for only one example per school or tradition.....

i did choose each time the one which did attract me most....( those i kept)

rest gone, beye-beye.....

( this is the first step you should go in finding calm  and passion again...)

:thumbsup:

( a very nice and multiple collection indeed Grev! Congratulations! :) )

Christian

• Like 2

At the moment all you see are my keepers

In had a couple in my for sale listing them put them back into my keepers!

It is hard as some I like are good examples and other would not interest other collectors but I like them

I think it will be added to but much more slowly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..