Pre-Sale Announcement

SwordGuyJoe

All,

I’ve been a little swamped lately, so not posting as frequently as I’d like. I’ll save you the sob story, but the divorce-man comes a calling, which means I need to move quite a few swords. I haven’t finished building out the list, but the sale will be 90% of what I paid, so even a dealer can make a few dollars and a collector can get a fantastic deal on an amazing blade. I just need to consider the handful of blades that are off the table (if any).

Most here know what I collect, but I’ll be selling off phenomenal gendaito, Shinsakuto, and even a shinshinto piece. All are in excellent polish and all blades - save one - is papered (that can be if the Smith is still alive).

If anyone is interested before I get the pages up in the next couple weeks, send me a PM and I can give you a run down. I know the rules and know that I’m asking for some leeway here, but 2% of all sales will go to the board and I’ve been pretty generous in sales and donation, so maybe that’ll buy me some good will?

I will offer a 2 day inspection period and if the blade is misrepresented in anyway, I will provide a refund upon return of the blade.

• Like 1

Hi Joe, sorry to hear about your going through. Hopefully its a blessing in disguise. I went through a tough break up and custody battle not long ago and after a lot of heart ache my daughter and I are always together and happier than ever and hope this work out well for you too.

I would love to see any Shinsakuto tanto available when your ready.

All the best Joe.

Greg

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that Joe. If I look around our company here, seems almost 80% of the married ones are at least once divorced.
Life is...different nowadays. Anyways, am sure you will be fine. Let us know if there is anything at all we can assist with. And try and keep a few items that you know you will regret selling :)

• Like 7

Joe,

Just finished up my 2 year divorce process in June.  Unfortunately right now divorce keeps discretionary funds to a minimum, but slowly digging my way out and will be interested to see what you have to offer.  Having been through the ordeal, I'm sorry to see you having to let your love of nihonto be affected. In mine, I lost "the car I always wanted"... but it is what it is.

if you need to PM somebody for support who has "been there and done that"... feel free.  Keep the faith brother and best of luck to you...

• Like 2

Joe, 

Damn I am sorry to hear that. Been there, done that.  Even when it doesn't seem like it, you will recover in time.   

Not all and not saying it will be so in your case, but with myself and most of my friends who have gone through a divorce, in five years you realize it worked out for the best. 

The biggest downside is when children are involved.  Women can come and go but your kids are forever.  Make sure they understand that they had nothing to do with it as for some odd reason children may think a divorce is their fault.

I am always on the lookout for my next ex-wife.

• Like 2

Hi Joe,

I am with you as I was in the same situation some years ago!

As already stated:

Make sure they understand that they had nothing to do with it as for some odd reason children may think a divorce is their fault!! The reality is that they will most likely suffer under this new situation in any case!

And for the future, if somebody tells you that patch working (patchwork family) is easy, don´t trust him!!! But of course, as usual, there are some exceptions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am offering a "let's just sell these things" discount. Here are discounted prices on all blades that I have listed:

- Fujiyasu Masahira Wakizashi: $3,500 ($1,000 off)
- Shodai Tamateru Wakizashi: $3,000 ($600 off)
- Sakai Shigemasa Tanto: $3,500 ($1,000 off)
- Sakai Shigemasa Katana: $6,000 ($750 off)
- Sakai Shigemasa Wakizashi: $3,000 ($600 off)
- Miyaguchi Toshihiro/Yasuhiro Tanto: $3,000 ($600 off)

I bought from Joe one of the swords recently, he responded swiftly my questions, act so promptly in shipment, and shared with me his professional knowledge on swords. For those who are still hesitating, I would highly recommend him to everybody.

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..