Shinto Suriage Tbh?

Please protect your assets by this sword.The world economy has begun to be confused now

This sword is the best investment.

:laughing: 

Funny start of the description of the sword.

Well, an interesting approach ... while I believe that what gets hurt first in economic depression is the antiques market ... we have seen this numberous times.

@ Ray Thank you for your remarks. I can see where you are  coming from but in this case the judgement somewhat puzzles me sine this is not really a noted / important smith?

• Like 1

This is a link to the NBTHK standards. They do not specifically reference having an ubu nakago, only "good workmanship and state of preservation". They may consider the sword to have sufficient quality and be sufficiently well-preserved even if suriage.

http://www.nbthk-ab.org/Standards.html

• Like 1

b. Muromachi and Edo period mumei blades may not receive a Tokubetsu Hozon paper, as a rule. However, if a blade is attributable to a famous smith and in excellent condition it may receive Tokubetsu Hozon paper.

So, if this is the case of mumei blades, then, suriage and good enough could certainly pass.

p.s. if you think about it almost assures the fact that such a sword is an excellent example. Where that might not necessarily be the case with an ubu sword. Presents the possibility of buying what otherwise might be an expensive unaffordable sword for some at doable price.

Edited by nagamaki - Franco

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..