Deluxe Company Officer Tassel?

BreizhSamourai

Hello

I looked for a luxury tassel for quite a lot of time but was pretty hard to grasp what it was from litterature, given i never saw a clear example (I read the opposite color is on each side but even on Ohmura website it is hard to get it given pictures are not zoomed in).

Is this one of them?

Thx for your thoughts

Eric

post-4742-0-29024300-1541963678_thumb.jpg

post-4742-0-68500300-1541963684_thumb.jpg

post-4742-0-28324500-1541963690_thumb.jpg

A blue and brown tassel that I obtained with a sword a good number of years ago has the blue coming around both edges of the brown. I'm sure there were a number of different manufactures of these tassels and there are bound to be slight differences between them. The tassel pictured by the OP looks genuine to me. I have also seen a few where the blue color has faded and almost looks green. 

• Like 1

I think the OP tassel is std quality aswell.

Here's some pics to help see the difference as i understand it to be.

Standard quality tassel - no colour change at edges when looking at the solid colour.

post-1868-0-66575500-1542148903_thumb.jpg

Top quality tassel - opposing colours appear at both top and bottom of the flattened strap.

post-1868-0-23230500-1542149027_thumb.jpg

I agree with Ed about the various manufacturers supplying the IJA. I have seen an almost green tassel instead of brown for the navy, but never with the brown company grade for army use. Some of the army ones i have seen and owned had the "blue" appear to be almost purple.

Here's another where the actual tassels are yellowish on one and more of a darker gold on the other, however both are Std quality when looking at the straps.

post-1868-0-74124200-1542149376_thumb.jpg

Here's a Std Grade General rank tassel with Yellow thread zig-zag instead of the gold bullion thread.

post-1868-0-64534900-1542151705_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps you out some.

• Like 4

Hello

I looked for a luxury tassel for quite a lot of time but was pretty hard to grasp what it was from litterature, given i never saw a clear example (I read the opposite color is on each side but even on Ohmura website it is hard to get it given pictures are not zoomed in).

Is this one of them?

Thx for your thoughts

Eric

Got this from Ohmura's site.

The higher Quality tassel we are looking at is the blue/brown Company Grade one.

It may be confusing at first, as it is placed next to a Standard General's Tassel for comparison, but i think you get the picture now.

post-1868-0-54083900-1542153136_thumb.jpg  ------> post-1868-0-18928800-1542153144_thumb.jpg ------> post-1868-0-81274300-1542153152_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

on all the other company officer tassels I have, you always have some brown on the blue but never some blue on the brown part (which are a bit like on ohmura website & like in the pics attached); hence the reason I thought this one was maybe more high end (given it has blue on brown and brown on blue). I would be skeptic about the machine error, it looks rather nicely done

ps: I like the General ones :) too bad they are not common to find :(

post-4742-0-91016700-1542253746_thumb.jpg

Erick,

The above thumbnail tassel photo(#11 post) appears to be a very nice Company grade officers tassel yet a standard issue also. Even though the tassel in your first post may be rather nicely done. Ray, in post #2 mentioned something doesn't look right. I agree, something has twisted the brown stitching to one side and blue to the other. How it happened...any ones guess.

Stegel, in post 8 and 9 simply could not have explained the difference between standard and deluxe quality any better.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Here are a couple of mine also. One is an Company Grade officers tassel with opposite blue stitching (which will be in a future thread due to rare v stitching) the other is attached to one of my Shin-gunto's and is of standard quality.

Hope all comments above have given you a better insight...

Dave M

post-2175-0-71620300-1542259558_thumb.jpg

post-2175-0-57647000-1542259839_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..