Little Rjt Collection

vajo

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I think the pictures looks not really good, but  they are small so you can't see much details of the bluring and the bad lighting condition.

I will bring my other RJT Swords online in the next time to see and compare my collection with other pieces that i see in the net. I forgot often some smiths name and don't remember details. So it is helpfull for me. I'm pleasured that you like it.

For the pictures there is not much magic. I take a old Nikon D50, laying the blade in front of our big garden window on a blanket, stand up on a chair and try to have good light from the sun outside and take the shutter and aperture very small, the background will fall dark. Then cut it out in paintshop and fill the background black. I know it is not very professional but it is only for my own pleasure.

• Like 1

I note with great interest and admiration, that Chris not only has done a great job of his web site, but has some really nice type3 examples. In actual fact, I find the type 3 koshirae most interesting, and some times with great blades contained. 

There are single button with no dust cover and German silver seppa. Celluloid same, and plain ito.

There single button, dust cover, clear lacquered ito. 

There are of course the premium koshirae, with a contrasting red, brown or black painted ito tzuka. 

And many other variations that surface from time to time. 

post-3858-0-19520000-1542515261_thumb.jpg

post-3858-0-45249100-1542515278_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Neil. You show some very interesting koshirae from your great and important collection. I remember on a sword with yellow rattan saya that Ed from Yakiba.com has sold. Yours seems to be the identical koshirae. That last one in the first picture could be a nagamitsu? I see some with burlap same. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..