8 Sword Auctions Now Running On Ebay

matthewbrice

Collectors and Dealers -- 

I usually always list my swords as 'Buy It Now' listings on eBay.  But this week, I have decided to sell 8 swords via eBay auction instead. 

So if you like to throw your hat in the ring on auctions now and again, here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=sword&_ssn=salmon127&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Japanese+sword&_sacat=0

You'll see too that I have an additional 11 swords for sale via 'Buy It Now' currently. 

Thanks!

--Matthew Brice

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/St-Croix-Blades-143165322507779/

I think the latest version of Opera browser has a built in VPN where you can select your country.
Since it's free, nothing to lose by trying it out and seeing if it will allow free browsing of all these blocked sites. Someone report back and see if it works? I find it an excellent browser anyways.

That's a great idea, Brian.  Some years back--maybe 8 or 9 years ago--Ebay blocked knife and sword sales to the UK, because Ebay got some bad press there.  A knife was purchased from the U.S. via eBay, and was used in a crime.  So, Ebay went to the nth degree with it--and blocked sales to the UK. 

That's just eBay though.  UK collectors/dealers can shop on my website:  www.stcroixblades.com.  I ship swords to the UK often via that route.  

Here's another idea--some guys in the UK have a U.S. based eBay account so they can see ALL of the listings.  Or, if you have a friend here--or a proxy/business arrangement with a vendor here--you can use their ID to view all listings--not just the ones Ebay will allow you to see.  I, for example, serve as a buying agent for an occasional overseas customer.  The UK collector/dealer lets me know their bid, I place the bid on their behalf, I receive the item via mail, then package it and ship it to collector/dealer in the UK or other country.  

Thanks guys!  Let me know if you have any questions.

--Matthew Brice

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/St-Croix-Blades-143165322507779/

St. Croix Blades has 5 Japanese Swords being auctioned off this week in our Ebay Store--they end Sunday night.  (3 more sword auctions end Tuesday night, 1 next Saturday night, and 1 next Sunday night as well).  Here are convenient description summaries of some of these swords.

Sword 1:  Huge sword!

This ca.1670 A.D. Samurai daito (long) sword has unusual length--this sword breaks the 30 inch mark.  This sword's nagasa measures 30 7/16" (77.3 cm).  This is a huge sword!

The curvature of this sword suggests Kanbun Shinto era.  This mumei sword has a habaki and saya only.  This sword can either be mounted in Samurai mounts, or stored in shirasaya.  

This sword has a beautiful hada--see the photos for a close look.  This sword has an attractive wavy hamon with regular peaks.  

A sword over 30 inches is difficult to find.

Sword 2:  Premium WW2 Army Gendaito with RARE Rayskin Saya -- An Army Sword with a RAYSKIN Saya?!

This sword was made by the smith Morita Kaneshige.  Kaneshige won the highest award in a national blade Kyoshinkai (competitive competition) in 1939.  

The saya is very desirable--it is a rare Army saya with same/rayskin -- yes, rayskin on an Army saya.

The blade measures 25 5/8" (65.1 cm) from blade tip to notch in the blade spine.  This sword has a beautiful wavy temper line/hamon.  This sword has a fine clasped hands sarute.  

All fittings have the matching assembly number '0307'. 

Sword 3:  Fine WW2 Army Gendaito w/Patriotic Slogan 'Defend our Country!'

This sword was made by the 1st Seat swordsmith, Yoshitada.  This fine Japanese Army katana would make an important addition to any collection.

The blade measures 26 7/16" (67.2 cm)--as measured properly with a tape pulled tight from the blade tip to the bottom of the notch in the habaki.  This sword is signed 'Hizen no Kuni Yoshitada'.  This sword is hard-to-find among WW2 swords--the reverse side of the nakago has the patriotic slogan Gokoku--'Defense of the Fatherland', or read differently 'Defend our Country!'.

Here is the link to the auctions www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=salmon127&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=sword&_sop=1

Take a look at each sword; throw your hat in the ring and place some bids!

Good luck.  Let me know if you have any questions or need photos emailed to you.

--Matthew Brice

www.StCroixBlades.com

Archived