ebay tanto

Some thoughts on this one?

Yes. :-)

The price is wrong.

the blade looks wrong. The entire Tanto feels wrong on many levels. Then the Genuine Antique text to block it all off.

I was offered a magnificent Tanto once. Newly made. It was offered to me at a special discount price of $3900.

I would have bought that one if i could have afforded it at that moment.

Nico,

You are now credited by 32 posts. You are not anymore a "rookie".

I would like you to go each day of the week on Dr Stein's Commercial sites and study the blade pictures/description/measurements in each category - Katana/wakisashi/tanto .... It is (apart of reading books) the best way to educate yourself till you have the chance to see thousand of blades.

Next time, don't ask what do the other NMB members think of an e-bay item but bring your input, you will learn a lot by doing this.

More than 275 people have read your post. Only 3 of us have taken time to answer it - Please wonder why - probably because they thought it was not worth answering and that it was a loss of time.

It takes time to learn and the most difficult thing is to share knowledge. Don't hesitate to PM some NMB Expert members if you have any doubt and questions, we have a lot of them on the board in each category (swords : Guido, Reinhard, Jacques D., Darcy/Tosogu : Rich T., Ford Hallam, Eric H., Docliss) and I am sure they be glad to help :) :) .

But first, study ....

I have seen a over half a dozen just like it on Ebay in the last month or so, all made in the same place this year is my guess in China, look at the blade closely and you can see it is a fat heavy blade, not made in Japan, no way IMO.

James

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..