New Katana For My Small Collection

bnacorda

Hi Ed,

I ordered this from amazon. It’s designed to show the bare blade on top and the Saya on the bottom but you can cut it to fit your needs. The top holder has slots to slip the blades into. It’s also lockable with a set of keys and has clips in the bottom to keep the door closed even when unlocked. I added the link below if you want to find something comparable. It runs between $80 to $100 depending on availability.

Thanks

Ben

https://www.amazon.com/Sword-Display-Cabinet-Stand-Holder/dp/B00QRDVR2Y/ref=sr_1_6?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1536433868&sr=1-6&keywords=Sword+display

• Like 2

The mei seems representative of the dated mei for 1633? 2 strokes on Fuji. Opinions are welcomed. I’m still amazed at how experts like Ray Singer can eyeball a mei without reference and figure out something fishy.

I didn't do a mei comp, but you said it was papered. NBTHK? Strokes are just one way to compare mei, I rely on style, depth, and placement.

Definitely not an expert but your sword has a graceful sugata and as mentioned by Ken the glowing nioiguchi is a good start to the final assessment. Nidai Tadahiro produced a huge amount of swords and mei will naturally vary but good that you bought it papered. Well done and nice displays!

• Like 1

Hi Dwain, A friend of mine brought back my set of these miniature armor from Japan and since then ive seen them on ebay also. They do add a nice touch I think.

Greg

Totally. A new tanto I just bought actually has the far left Mon on it's koshirae and kogatana blade and kozuka.

I really like how you set them up tho! Very nice display

• Like 1

I got a few when I was at the toei movie studio theme park in Kyoto this year. Stole them from the kids when they started failing to notice them from being missing in their room. You can get the from amazon, varying prices depending on vendor so look around. ;-).

Authentic Samurai Figure/Figurine: Armor Series#1-Date Masamune https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I7M6ANO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_1KyMBbJFXCBV8

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..