Tsuba For Sale

Jean

I must sell a few tsuba to foot the vet bills for Riesling who is slowly passing away. They come without box.

Tsuba #1: plum tree w/ bird Hayashi tsuba 3rd or 5th gen . 5th generation Hayashi is worth 900$, 3rd generation is worth 2500 $ - price : SOLD - Diameter 7,2 cm

All the others tsuba are between 8 and 8,2 cm

Tsuba #2: plum tree late Hayashi - 430 €

Tsuba #3: I am not sure on this one. There are similar Higo, but I do not think this one is Higo. Excellent iron and fine execution SOLD

Tsuba #4: Owari mid Edo - excellent iron 400 €

Tsuba #5: Owari early Edo very good design, but condition rough. SOLD

Tsuba #6: rope design This is Hizen tsuba. .SOLD

Payment through paypal, buyer pays the fees, otherwise payment by bank transfer accepted

There won’t be any reduction on the above prices taking into account it is for my cat in order to help him to pass away in the best way.

Should they not sell, they’ll be sold on e-bay under buy it now.

54B797BD-971E-40C9-B0AC-72FCDDAB2885.jpeg

11603855-13FF-4B5E-B735-C5516C84C650.jpeg

39C9E8AE-D4EC-45F4-BAF1-B68B5C206842.jpeg

94145B4E-DEF6-41D3-B41A-F58E4EB2646F.jpeg

7CB9BF20-D507-4E4F-98ED-BB94D8CC8226.jpeg

8685CF36-2B46-46FD-BB73-A66FC2652D3D.jpeg

C100FD13-9060-4E26-8B00-5FFA1AB33598.jpeg

• Like 1

Having just been through this, my thoughts are with you. I have found great consolation in knowing that they really had a great life and never wanted for anything.
He has had a very good innings Jean. At 18, he really is a wise old soul.

• Like 1

As others have, I wish you the best heart for facing the reality of the last goodbye.

Be they two legged or four legged, the goodbyes are different each time- but there is never a way to 100% prepare. I've found friends laying in the field, and also been holding another friend's hand in the hospital for days as he refused to let go in what was certainly a losing fight.

For me... I chose to try and focus on the fun stories remembered, whether it was the friend too lazy to shave that tried to Nair his beard off -or- Zenboia that little cat that took extreme pleasure in hiding in the bushes at college to dart out and lightly bite or brush women's ankles. Zenobia clearly enjoyed getting them to shriek, and would stalk the dining hall area for victims. Stories help.

Tsuba #3:   is very good.   I could never figure out what it was from the photo- Two primary suspects were either highly skilled Echizen or one of the Hizen area carvers. Then again, it could just as easily be a rare unsigned piece by one of the Shonai or Akita area. This is all to admit I don't know who probably made it, but it is very well done. I wish it were signed.

I hope someone else will buy it before I return from traveling.

Curran

• Like 1

I hate to sound incentive, often keeping a pet alive because we cant bear the thought of them not being there for us to love is stronger than letting them go to sleep and not wake up.

They've had a great life, maybe let them go? 

i know i dont want to be keep alive and put in a home. 

Just thinking of ol Sadie girl, when eternal sleep was the best course.

Carry on.

• Like 2

You are right Stephen, but the Vet told us he was tough and not suffering . Coming back late after the Vet tonight, we put the box on the floor and he went out walking on his own. He had not walked for two days... he has found a balance between all his physical problems waiting for his end, he weights 3kgs and has lost 1,4 kg. Example of his disorders balance, his creatinine rate is at 74, starting 25, generally cats stop eating, as he is suffering from hyperthyroidism, he eats for 3 cats (but cannot put on weight).

Edit to add Tsuba # 1 is sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Per tsuba #6, I am not familiar with Hizen school tsuba, were they known for the rope designed rim? Curious as to the Hizen school call.

I see nihonto.us has one for sale which is very similar that they have attributed Tochibata and they make mention that Sendai Myochin also used the same design (as the one they have for sale).

Link to that one :

http://nihonto.us/TOCHIBATA%20TSUBA%20DM006.htm

Also, what are the dimensions on that one?

Jean,

I can appreciate your sacrifice, but you will certainly put a smile on the faces of the fortunate new owners. With such lovely offerings I find any hesitancy curious.  To those on the 'edge'....all these pieces are miles beyound the usual commercial offerings, learnedly researched and selected, carefully cared for, they are decidedly a cut above.

-S-

• Like 2

Three other tsuba which must go, far below their purchasing prices

1- lovely Nara tsuba: 6,7 x 6,7 cm - SOLD

2 - tsuba by Ford Hallam 8 x 7,3 cm - SOLD

3- Miyamaoto Musashi utsushi by Ford Hallam: 7,5 x 7,5 cm - price 600€

Paypal accepted, buyer take the fees + handling and shipping

30957A7E-49DF-419A-BA01-FB2604B9D73D.jpeg

0EF617D2-822B-435E-A8E8-1E9C4893C3BA.jpeg

A33F0500-653D-4910-B24F-A3BF4EF9B55A.jpeg

B49C8AD0-2798-4BB9-8A4F-428C9EF2E415.jpeg

CCA81BA8-2773-4139-90C0-AB5EB6167A02.jpeg

972376D9-A908-4EF0-B684-935EA2497076.jpeg

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..