Gunto Stamps Document

I've just completed a document compiling all the info I could glean from various sources about sword and koshirae stamps.  I got tired of jumping from books to various websites when I needed to look up a stamp.  It's in .pdf format, so I'm going to try uploading.  I've also converted it into .jpg (for facebook) but it's in a Zip file which also will not upload, I believe, or 37 individual photos!)

Otherwise, PM me and I'll send it to interested collectors via email.

Enjoy!

Stamps.pdf

• Like 19

Thank you Bruce.,

Excellent and good on you for acknowledging sources!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

These days too many "Harvest" without acknowledgement.

BTW always smile when I see Warrior......or should I say Pac Man  :rotfl:

Hey Stephen are you a fan, like me, of Treasure of the Sierra Madre?:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bruce,

Thank you very much for compiling all the various stamps into one document! I just removed the tsuka from a kyu gunto and found these two stamps. One is Tokyo arsenal but I could not find the other one. Have you seen this one before or is it just a numbering stamp?

Thank you for any information you might be able to share.

Tom

post-4025-0-53622500-1531351677_thumb.jpg

Tom,

That's a new one on me! The Type 32s and Type 19's, and any blade made before the 95s had some makings that are not found on the later blades. I assume this is because they had different manufacturers. It doesn't look like a number to me. If I figure anything out, or find someone who knows, I'll update.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..