Juyou Hizen Sumi Harima Kami Fujiwara Tadakuni (肥前住播磨守藤原忠国)

Japan auctions

Here, my friends, is a deal which was long in the making.

As you know, much respected Yahoo seller kanagawa_kottou Irokawa-San sells the finest quality. 

This is the treasured possession of his grandfather's good friend who is aging, and, after much consideration, has decided with great reluctance to part with it.  The owner wants to find the just the right home for it, so he will not offer it on auction or elsewhere.  I offer it on his behalf, to someone who with treat it with utmost care and respect.

時代・・・江戸時代中期(約330年前)  Mid Edo, about 330 years old.   Very good condition.  Juyou certificate Heisei 4 (1992) October 30.

刃長さ・・・69.75cm                       Nagasa

反り・・・1.4cm                               Sori

元幅・・・3.25cm                             Motohaba

先幅・・・2.25cm                             Sakihaba

金額・・・350万円                              Seller's Price:  3,500,000 yen  (to which my fee, export fees, and bank transfer fees will be added.  No Paypal.)

Koshirae also Edo, and of considerable value by itself.

Owner bought it for 6,500,000 yen many years ago, and was offered 5,000,000 yen recently, but turned it down. 

It would seem that price is not the only consideration here. 

It is more important to find the right person to take this blade into the future, so, to that person, we offer at 3,500,000 yen.

(This is a substantial discount, so no further negotiation, please).

Please see the attached photos and consider at your leisure. 

Kelly Schmidt

(my usual disclaimer applies.  Please see my mail outs or inquire)

post-2256-0-34420900-1528033037_thumb.jpg

Owner bought it for 6,500,000 yen many years ago, and was offered 5,000,000 yen recently, but turned it down. 

It would seem that price is not the only consideration here. 
It is more important to find the right person to take this blade into the future, so, to that person, we offer at 3,500,000 yen.

May I ask what the criteria are to qualify as a buyer?

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..