Another Mei Translation Please

drb 1643

It looks very interesting. I agree with the 囗光作 (first is illegible, but after that -mitsu saku), but I can't see enough of the first. It may also be 囗囗光作 (or, an even longer inscription). 

But the sword itself is also promising; in good condition, nice hada, good kissaki, just some slight scratches and what looks to be a horizontal scratch near the tip running in the hamon (maybe it comes from bumping against something in the saya?). And the saya looks quite good too - I'm not an expert in militaria, but the black saya with black tsuka seems slightly rare to me. Certainly rare to see any WW2 saya in such fine condition. 

Anyway, regardless of the WW2 saya, I think the sword would be a very good candidate for shinsa. I second your opinion that it looks like you have a very old sword in a very nice WW2 saya. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..