Tokubetsu Juyo Exhibition

Thanks for the link.  I am so happy for Matsumoto san as he is such a great guy and one of the nicest gentlemen I've ever met.  I had the pleasure of meeting him last year at the San Francisco Token Kai.  No pretense and very willing to help.  I laughed when I read his line about 'finding many more'!  I hope you do!!!

For your information: the list of the newly designated Tokubetsu Juyo items in the 25th shinsa was published on the NBTHK website today. See pdf document in attachment.

Apparently:

343 swords were submitted, of which 70 passed;

19 koshirae were submitted, of which 3 passed;

42 tosogu were submitted, of which 4 passed.

As usual the names are quite impressive: Gojo, Awataguchi, Rai Kunitoshi, Yukimitsu, Masamune, Sadamune, Go, several ko-Bizen, Ichimonji, Nagamitsu, Kagemasa, Chikakage, Motoshige, Chogi, Aoe, Samonji, and even a Takei Naotane (to name only a few).

Should be a very nice exhibition if you are able to attend :-)

H30tokuzyuulist.pdf

Uwe,

I guess you will have to have a bit of patience before the Tokubetsu Juyo Zufu of the 25th shinsa will be published.  But as soon as it is published I suppose you should be able to order it from the NBTHK (eventually by using a proxy service if you are not fluent in Japanese).

For example: the TokuJu Zufu's of shinsa 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 are still available at the NBTHK, please take a look at this link: https://www.touken.or.jp/shop/.  However, they are not cheap in my opinion, but if you really want them there is a way ;-).

Best,

Wim

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..