Touken Komachi Experience?

I have purchased a number of items from Shiho Tsukada and she has always been very helpful. There has never been any problems with obtaining additional information or photos. My latest purchase from them is a Tadatsuna 2nd which I had polished through them and was very happy with the results. Highly recommended.

John C

post-4104-0-55174800-1526591312_thumb.jpg03141_001.jpg]

post-4104-0-98835000-1526591350_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Have not bought from them as yet, but had asked about a blade around a year ago and they were fast to respond and provide all the pictures I asked for. Was a great interaction.

John C, I had no idea they offer a polish service. How long did it take can I ask?

Hi Jeremiah L,

Taking into account the the extra time for internal Japanese deliveries, international/Australian postage and customs it took about 6 1/2 months from payment to delivery. I don't think that that was too unreasonable. I had it polished in sashi-komi which I personally prefer. As expected the blade looks far more impressive in hand than in the photo's. I'm very happy with the product and "extra's" provided by Touken Komachi.

John C.

• Like 1

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately not, google has the Touken Komachi presentation under Tadatsuna 2nd generation but I can't seem to get a link to work. Anyway for anyone who is interested here are a couple more photo's, thanks.

John C. 

post-4104-0-54927000-1526680402_thumb.jpg

post-4104-0-79506300-1526680434_thumb.jpg

post-4104-0-27195600-1526680464_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update on this seller.

Last week I contacted them about a tsuba I was interested in. They provided additional pictures of the item as requested almost instantly. We agreed on price on Friday and the tsuba was boxed and shipped via EMS on Saturday. It's already in New York as of today. So I have to say, excellent service. Very professional.

• 7 months later...

Another plug!

I added two new sword bags from Touken Komachi over the last 2 weeks. Ms. Shiho Tsukada is excellent to communicate with and shipping was prompt. The silk sword bags are excellent and the color (I ordered dark navy blue) is rich. I also got some new mekugi pins of smoked bamboo.

Can highly recommend this seller.

post-4009-0-23978900-1549409782_thumb.jpg

post-4009-0-42405400-1549409791_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Figured I’d circle back to this thread to say that I finally, recently bought a sword from Touken Komachi, and my experience mirrors the others in this thread. 

Tsukada san was patient and helpful, the items were shipped quickly and safely, and they were exactly as described. 

I would definitely use this shop again in the future and can recommend them without hesitation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..