Ojime?

Hi all,

I am pretty sure I have a ojime in the shape of a cicada.  Not something I know about so I figured I ask for confirmation.  It is multi-metal: wings are silver: body copper?: and eyes? maybe Shibuichi?.  I also think that the inside has a metal lining.  There was a signature I think but it has been worn (bottom of bottom). Did I guess correct or any other suggestions?  Any opinions on it?  Age?  I have been looking and looking but can't find something similar.  It did come out of Japan with the other pieces I had posted in a separate post (thanks for input Geraint).  Other than the typical answer price is what someone will pay for it price.  What would you sell it for? I appreciate any and all help.  Thanks. Ken

post-23-0-60596100-1525314330_thumb.jpgpost-23-0-53038000-1525314348_thumb.jpg

That guy Ford.... sounds familiar.  hmm.  can't google it or a car just shows up.  I'll figure out who he is, there are rumors of a guy that lives in an English cave and just plays with metals & potions all day, trying to revive true alchemy turning everything into gold.  A good guy to know if he ever figures it out. 

Thanks for the input everyone.  I was pretty sure I was right- I spent time searching but not my area of expertise.  You guys are awesome (always keep them buttered up in case you want to buy something from them one day).  Seriously I do appreciate the feedback. 

As for it being a cicada and not the king of all insects well the world can't be perfect now can it? .  I have passed up on some nice pieces, namely matching Kaga tsuba because there was no mantis. And while I do contemplate to branch out or not, I will for now continue my love affair of the Mantid.  If not I would need a new handle... can't be a Mantis dude without the Mantis I would just be dude then.  And there already is the dude out there.  I am reediting this as I might debate switching out a boring ojime for this one since I did succumb to a few tobacco pouches with of course mantis closures.  In fact, there are 2 on yahoo.jp right now I keep eyeing.  So many mantis so little time.

All the best and thanks again.

Ken aka THE MANTIS DUDE

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..