Not Going To Bite

I had the most disappointing experience with komojo on ebay. I was bidding on a book listed by him with a set max bid. At closing, "someone" outbid me by $1. Five minutes after closing, I received a "second-chance" offer from komonjo for my exact max bid. Coincidence? I think not! To protest shill bidding, I am not going to bite this offer. 

Hoanh

• Like 4

Good,  I have not bought anything, (use amazon) or sold via Ebay (sell direct via email list) for the last year.   It was just getting too muddy.   I was having problems with people saying they could not bid on a item in the last minute on rare items.  I was wondering if there was a program that suppressed last minute snipe bids.   Anyway,  don't care about it anymore.

Best regards,

Bob

Who knows what was the reason. Maybe the 1st bidder was from a country the seller did not wish to ship to or changed their mind. With eBay I have about 8 parties out of 10 canceling their purchases for whatever reason. I believe it is just the Amazon like attitude that they shop around one once they change their minds or see something else, they back out with no bad feelings at all for not honioring their "bligations".

If you got a 2nd chance offer then you were obviously willing to pay that price so you should rather see it as an opportunity / chance.

I actually had a positive shill bidding experience. I can't remember which one it was (there are a few now - think it was showa) but I bid on a 95 they had listed. I don't know why in hindsight. It was a common one, not good condition and I bid way too much. Someone outbid me! I couldn't believe it the second day when I sobered up (I wasn't actually drunk, just a total lapse in judgement) and saw how much the sword went for. Lo-and-behold I got a second chance! Of course I said NO WAY! Thank you shill bidders!

I see a few of these sellers relist the swords after they 'sell' for a lot of money. Not at all suspicious. Unless it is really special, I stick to a couple of eBay sellers I trust and communicate directly with.

• Like 1