Kintsugi Bowl?

obiwanknabbe

Anyone have one or know where to get one? My last gift idea crashed and burned in the fiery depths of forgery hell. 

Im seeing some poetry in rectifying the problem with a beautiful repair. Again.. an original piece.. meiji or edo

something like this

60c2a56f3d023288c3b741c2bdee6001.jpg

Thanks .. Kurt k

In general kintsugi is meant to repair your already loved pieces, if you're looking for something with kintsugi work, i think ebay is the easiest place to look for something, but i don't think it'll be advertised in the title.

New pieces with kintsugi I don't see often, i only know one old Honami Koetsu (if i recall correctly), raku chawan that included it. But the name of the piece escapes me. And kintsugi work done by members has been shown here, perhaps a fun activity to share with your misses? Some sets for sale online.

Also sorry to say i don't have one with kintsugi work from the specified period.

I have read somewhere that the Japanese (and the international CHA no YU fan scene) love KINTSUGI so much, that there are new (non-defective) pots with this 'embellishment' for sale. Sometimes new pots are intentionally damaged and 'repaired' with KINTSUGI.  

Stephen,

have your glass eyes polished!  :glee: 

It was not me who made it, and it is not yet finished. I just wanted to show you that it is basically possible with only a little piece of YOSHINO GAMI (mulberry paper) and some URUSHI.

Archived