Is this a good Sword ?

Konstantin

Sir, which is the differentiated from Mihara to Bungo?

I search the I-net and i found Bingo Mihara is this the same?

a " letter " makes a lot of difference.

Bingo is not the same as Bungo, just like Iraq is not the same as Iran.

Milt THE ronin[/u]

Depends... How much are you paying for it? What does the blade look like? If (after it was papered) some teenager decided to "polish" it with a bench grinder, it could be a poor katana. If it is in full polish and good condition, it could be very good katana. :)

BTW, bungo means "reject". Pay no attention to Milt's sense of humor.

DaveF.

BTW, bungo means "reject". Pay no attention to Milt's sense of humor.

DaveF.

not exactly.............on a serious note, there's nothing wrong with being " bungo ".

I just don't like the way the shinsa pigeon holed swords they don't want to " stick their necks out for " to Bungo . It used to be Echizen seki, every mumei swords were papered to that.

Milt THE ronin

Hi, here some pictures of the Blade it was verry Varry difficult to make good Fotos.

To DaveF.: I payed for two Katana and two Wakizashi and one Tanto 8500 Euro.

The other Katana is without paper only Shirasaya, one Wakizashi with Papers maybe Nthk in Shirasaya, the other without Papers in Koshirae and the Tanto without Papers in Shirasaya.

I hope it was a good Deal for me.

Another Question: I found (I-Net) a Ko, Chu and Sue Mihara School, witch school is my Sword and what say the Papers from the Koshirae?

Thank you for the answer`s

Konstantin

1920_3939636539343537.jpg

1920_6161636435623362.jpg

1920_3637653064396363.jpg

1920_3462333661363733.jpg

Just curious as to how you purchased 5 Nihonto without knowing exactly what they were or what the papers say? Not a criticism..just curious. Was it a spur of the moment bulk deal from a collector or estate..or was it a long term planned purchase?

Just seems odd to spend that amount without knowing even the school of the blades?

Looks to me like you got a very good deal though. This blade looks in great polish, and with papered fittings. I hope the others are as nice.

Are these your first Nihonto or are you already a collector? Dealer maybe?

We will have to wait for someone to translate the origami properly to be able to tell more.

Brian

Hi Brian, i am not a colector or Dealer, the history is follow: I am a interior decorator and i work for a Lady in there House in Summer. In one room she has a lot of old stuff and Antiques from her Husband ( he is died ) maybe he was a collektor of Swords, Knifes, and weppons and i saw this items and pleased me. As i endet the Work, the Son of the Lady offered me to pay a part of my work with the swords, and i say why not. My feeling was i have make a good deal.

Konstantin

Hi in the Forum i am a Novice in Nihonto but i have a Sword and i dont now is this a good Katana? I dont understand and read Japanese can you help me?

1920_3538633936643061.jpg

They are Kanteisho issued by NBTHK. Most of the descriptions are fixed pattern and you can understand 80-90 % of them by referring the following Dr. Richard Stein's web site.

http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/origami.htm

The Kanteisho on the left is for the blade. The specific description says that

Katana, unsigned ((attributed to) Mihara), length ni shaku ku bu han (about 63.5 cm).

The Kanteisho certifies the katana as a Hozon Token and was issued on Apr. 3rd, 2006.

The rignt Kanteisho is for Koshirae. The Koshirae was certified as a Hozon Tosogu on Feb. 16th, 2006. The Koshirae was described as Kuro Isokusanuri saya Uchigatana Koshirae(黒磯草塗鞘打刀拵). That means a Koshirae for a Uchigatana with black lacqurer work of seaweed pattern. Other descriptions are details of F/K, Menuki, and Tsuba.

Sir Mr. Richter,

the story exaktly and truth, there is no reason to tell here in the Forum a lying history. Which I can do for it how the papers are from 2006, i call today the Lady for explain !

I do not speak well English and the most of the answers i tranclate on google but i am not a storyteller i am a Greek man!

Regards

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..