Family Or Clan Mons

Start of Autumn in Australia, and sword cleaning and oiling day. As I was doing the maintenance, I noticed an interesting observation. All my Mons are on Kai Gunto or 94/98 outfits, there are none evident on my type3/type0 swords, including those in the premium mounts.

So I am asking if any collectors have examples of T3/T0 mounts with family/clan Mons.

Photos posted on this thread would be appreciated.

Neil,

Not being a gunto koshirae person I would appreciate photos of:

94/98 outfits,

type3/type0 swords

I have numerous photos of mon on gunto koshirae, but no idea of the type designations.

There is one big fly in the ointment of mon on gunto/kaigunto koshirae - any takers???

BaZZa.

As Chris says, "maru ni kisen ikari"  (丸に汽船錨). Or it could be maru ni gunkan ikari 丸に軍艦錨

You can find various anchor kamon variations here 

https://www.kamon18.com/cart/goodslist.cgi?in_kate=15-1205

https://kamon.myoji-yurai.net/kamonSearchResult.htm?page=1&genre=0&keyword=%E9%8C%A8

Its a bit rare, I think. In this case, I wonder if its a navy or merchant marine symbol, rather than a kamon. 

• Like 1

It doesnt mean that the officer was in the navy. Only that he is related to ships. As i said maybe he comes from a shipping family or he was reeder or somthing in that direction. I didn't found a kamon with that anchor but that mean nothing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Call me a cynic, but I have my doubts whether this is totally a WW2 koshirae. The tzuka looks TOO new, and the type3/type0 had two mekugi-ana, the lower one for a metal thread screw, and the top hole for a peg. Looks all too new to me. But, I will stand corrected if some one can prove me wrong.  

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..