Samurai Art Expo Utrecht

Hi Paul!!!  Haven't heard from you in quite awhile.  I hope all is well.

The reason I asked is that I have a F/K which is very similar and wanted to compare them.  Here's a picture:

post-83-0-06843700-1532199827_thumb.jpg

post-83-0-74300400-1532199980_thumb.png

Slight differences in execution but an interesting comparison.

Thanks so much for the assist!

Pete

Very nice FK Pete, thanks for sharing. Mino seem to pop up in my mind...

I wonder who actually made these kirimon, if it was actually the tsuba-shi or if the smith simply popped down to the local 'spare-parts' shop and purchased them...something to ponder on.

Take care

P

What a lovely thread and well documented follow up of the show. It was a pleasure meeting many of you. Thank you to the Italian NTK and Francesco for the detailed and excellent compilation of the show. Jean appreciate you mentioning the Oei Katana, it was an excellent piece and some of you might have had the chance to see it during the Kantei that was presented in the middle... coincidentally Pete, it was mounted in a similar koshirae with a tsuba that looks similar to the one you posted. Unfortunately it only got an attribution to Umetada, nothing more specific, please see attached kanteisho. Hope this helps.

post-2223-0-85756700-1532216828_thumb.jpeg

• 7 months later...

It is being organised by the same team (they did an ecellent job the first time round) No details as yet other than what can be seen on the Samurai art expo website which simply states they are doing another event in 2020

As soon as more info becomes available and if none else does I will make sure readers here are made aware

Best Regards

paul

Pete is correct.

This is what was mentioned in a KTK e-mail dated 24 November 2018:

THE 2020 KTK CONVENTION

The tentative location for the 2020 KTK CONVENTION will be in GERMANY with support of new KTK members from Germany

But it was only a suggestion....

Paul

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..