Oil On Papers

All,

My daughter spilled some choji oil on some NBTHK envelops. I was able to get the papers out before is soaked through; however, I am left with envelopes with ugly oil stains.

I am sure I am not the only one who has had this happen. If this happened to you, or a "friend", can you please let me know what you did to get the oil out?

Thanks in advance!

Brian,

Thanks!

I tried several things. What ended up working was packing the envelope full of napkins  then using a heat gun over and around the spot in a fan pattern. I experimented with different temperatures and found that 440F was the sweet spot. The oil was absorbed by the paper towels due to the heat exchange. There is 0 evidence of a spill and no discoloration or damage at all. I hope this information helps anyone that may find themselves in a similar predicament.

Best,

James

• Like 1

I am not sure that I would be terribly bothered by a spotted envelope. I like idea of using paper napkins. Certainly that would be an easy start, the but - especially since it was just on the envelop - I'd try Fuller's Earth. I have used it to remove other oil stains on paper and found it effective.

Peter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..