First Gendaito, Kuniyasu

Hastur

Thanks for the tips guys, cleaned it again with 99% isopropyl and tissues followed up with microfiber >tuff glide > microfiber. as for the diamond mark there may be a lead on the translation forum, another member has seen them on Mano Masayasu gendaito so It may be a Bishu only affair. I wonder if the two Mano's knew each other or worked together?

I have just been reading too much about flaws, too used to oil quenched where any flaw is usually really bad (But then again not much to look at even if they are pretty uniform). I can't seem to find the answer on how severe ware in the yakiba like this is or how common it is in good serviceable swords.

good point, luckily that seems to be the only thing on the ha, I am just trying to find out if tate ware like this effect the structure of the blade and make it weaker, some sources say merely cosmetic, while some say it is disastrous on the ha (could I be mistaking it for another flaw that they are discussing?).

I see your point, it' a nice temper on it anyhow. Also I believe there is a connection with the diamond mark. Both mano masayasu and this (I assume mano) kuniyasu Smith uses these on their personal made swords instead of a student (thanks translation forum). Both seem to have made the 1941 exhibition which is nice. Does anyone know how the seat system works for ranking?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..