Bidding War

Well, the point is that there are folks who buy swords by reputable smithes like 1st Masanori in reasonable Koshirae at around 300.000 Yen  ... and then there might be folks who will spend the same amount of money  on swords by below medicore or average joes guys work at best that is housed in junk koshirae. Isn't this amazing!?

I would have bought the Masanori. The Koshirae wasn't bad. Only the Soten Tsuba wasn't a keeper. This smith has an excellent rating for sharpness which is a want have with many collectors.

Infact I just bought one ... but it was a Katana.

Aoi guarantee Hozen, whilst the sword is already with Aoi, shinsa is not expensive.

Maybe someone just looking for a Ryo wazamono smith example, a draw for some.

It was almost a katana in length, which I think is also a draw for folk on a budget shopping in the wak range.

Not a great example, but overall, I think someone did ok.

As for polish, not everyones bothered about a "minty" example, and perhaps they know someone who don't charge an arm and a leg, should they wish to do so.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..