Wtb- Chuso For Gunto

jamesr

Well it appears the one that Chris found for me wont work due to length differences, that seems to be fairly common with the variances on these swords.

So now I am hoping to find a broken chuso, I need the button portion primarily and I will try to rebuild the actual catch portion that seems to be broken off on many of these stoppers. The experience will give me exact dimensions needed for my sword also.

As this sword is staying with me a temporary repair until I can find the correct length chuso will be fine for me and will fill the empty hole and secure the blade till then.

If you happen to have kept an old broken stopper you would part with please let me know.

Thanks, James.

That's actually a great idea but most lock mechanisms I am finding are for Type 98 and I actually need this for a Type 3. There seems to be a significant difference in length, approx. 1/4" and I  am thinking that might look somewhat odd as well as throwing off the mounting hole location on the tsuka.

Appreciate the alternate option though.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Odd story, the auction house that had shipped the sword originally just shipped the latch! They must have found it laying about separately and somehow correctly attributed it to the sword I had purchased. Thanks for the help everyone, it appears I am now set.

James R.

Archived