Daisho Samekawa

Are you referring to (made by) Kinmichi swords, or a certain type of jabaramaki (because I don't know of any by that name)?

Other than that, nice same; it isn't bleached to death like so many other skins (which make them look like kind of plastic). May I ask where you got it?

Edited by Guido Schiller
  • Like 1

Are you referring to (made by) Kinmichi swords, or a certain type of jabaramaki (because I don't know of any by that name)?

Other than that, nice same; it isn't bleached to death like so many other skins (which make them look like kind of plastic). May I ask where you got it?

Luckily, I had a few to choose from !

post-3510-0-04168000-1513071505_thumb.jpeg

Ah, so you're dressing a Kinmichi/Kanemichi daishō!

I was desperately looking for a hint in your photo as to where you bought the same, but I only can make out "Yoshida" on the bag the electric drill? heat gun? is stored in ... :(

Anyhow, and while I’m at it (and having some time on my hands), here are the 蛇腹糸巻 jabaraitomaki styles I know of:

諸捻り巻 morohinerimaki

組上巻 kumiagemaki

綿縒り細糸組上巻 menyorihosoi- kumiagemaki

鷹の羽違い組上巻 takanohachigai-kumiagemaki

網代組上巻 ajiro-kumiagemaki

菱目組上巻 hishime-kumiagemaki

絡組上巻 karame-kumiagemaki

葵結菱目組上巻 aoikarame-kumiagemaki

亀甲菱葵結 kikkōhishimusubikarame-kumiagemaki

I hope I got the transliteration correctly, but in any case, if you copy and paste the Japanese into Google, and do a picture search, the different styles should show up.

And since you presented me with the riddle of identifying the store, I hope you're now utterly confused in regard to which style you should choose ... :laughing:

• Like 2

Ah, so you're dressing a Kinmichi/Kanemichi daishō!

I was desperately looking for a hint in your photo as to where you bought the same, but I only can make out "Yoshida" on the bag the electric drill? heat gun? is stored in ... :(

OH.. who has the selection?  Hans Koga. 

Thanks for your concern, Guido.  Hans and I have had a very long talk and I am certain that he is in a much better place.  

Everyone goes through troubling times and I believe that it is how we recover from these times that show who we truly are.  

I will be very proud to see these develop into a stunning work.  Remember, it is only a short time ago, that he was one of the recommended artisans on this very board.

I am sure that you have had rough times as well.  I have made a decision to give him a chance. Please allow the opportunity.

• Like 1