Rabbits

Vermithrax16

Dwain,

An A for effort, but no cigar! The rabbit is a RAT on a daikon (radish), he's the attendant of the Japanese god of wealth (Daikoku)..... that's your 'Man in the Moon'!

lol yep close but no cigar. Man you're full of info!

I thought it was just an emaciated rabbit but you're right. Its a rat :laughing:

Here's your "healthy" rabbits! Or rocks with rabbit faces. I dont know anymore!

post-4634-0-83961600-1540760088_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love the netsuke examples! Maybe one day.......

A set of rabbit themed tsuba sold recently and I mean they were knock out amazing. Toshiharu matched daisho set, Tokubetsu Hozon papers, and perfect. I think the buyer is on this board, and so I am posting pics I saved unless he objects:

post-4009-0-34311400-1543887995_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

Ok I am not sure if this is a rabbit or not. Just so happens last night I was going through some miscellaneous items when I came across this menuki. After reading up on mythology of the badger i found 1 where basically the badger is smacked and killed by a transforming rabbit with an oar from a boat built by the badger. I was debating was it a Fox or rabbit but the longer ears made me lean to the rascally rabbit.post-23-0-38689500-1554509323_thumb.jpg. Picture isn't the greatest but how much effort can one put in to a non -mantis item? All the best .

Ken aka "the Mantis dude"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..