Mike Y On Pawn Stars

Gordon Sanders

• 1 month later...

Its standard procedure for folk new to swords, the reason I move everything out of the way if friends come around.

I remember doing it myself when I first started collecting and a gent saying "glad that's not my sword", live and learn.

No doubt Mike will put him right. 

Who knows, if Ricks into swords, might be reading this  :laughing: 

I would like to believe in my heart that Dana white would quickly educate himself on the topic and show the swords the same respect and care that mastering any martial art would require. He did say he's building a display room. I imagine with his budget these swords will find their way to a new home, in a glass case with LED lights, high security, well oiled and hands off display. I honestly have faith in him. We all started somewhere. Better him than Rick. Haha

And I'm sure Mike was lingering in the background to advise them of care and etiquette etc. At $35-40k it probably was a juyo candidate (or juyo already). I don't think he would just walk away without making sure everyone knew how to properly love something so precious and important.

• Like 1

It's just tv guys. The real story is somewhere between what we saw and nothing actually happening.
Mike will have signed an iron-clad non-disclosure agreement, so he won't be able to comment anyways. But I hear the customer did spend money and bought some stuff. As for this sword..who knows, but it is all just entertainment.

• Like 7

It's just tv guys. The real story is somewhere between what we saw and nothing actually happening.

Mike will have signed an iron-clad non-disclosure agreement, so he won't be able to comment anyways. But I hear the customer did spend money and bought some stuff. As for this sword..who knows, but it is all just entertainment.

Well, it is a real Pawnbrokers. There is a promotional twist regarding the TV memorabilia that you can buy in there from Chum T-shirts to Old Man coins. There is a case full of Japanese swords. Adjacent to the shop is a Container Complex with a restaurant branded by the cast. I would imagine that all the items that turn up in the show with sellers are staged and scripted for entertainment. If you visit it's down the rough end of town.

Well, it is a real Pawnbrokers. There is a promotional twist regarding the TV memorabilia that you can buy in there from Chum T-shirts to Old Man coins. There is a case full of Japanese swords. Adjacent to the shop is a Container Complex with a restaurant branded by the cast. I would imagine that all the items that turn up in the show with sellers are staged and scripted for entertainment. If you visit it's down the rough end of town.

Have visited. Stayed outside, the hordes didn't impress me.  ;-)

The stuff on tv has no bearing on the actual business that goes on inside.

They had a UK version of the show a few years ago and it was based around Cheshire and Merseyside region. Rick was in the pilot episode as a visting friend and customer. The "staffs" are not real pawn dealers but actors who found work in reality TV. They even create fake portfolios of were they live and previous occupations. One "expert" at the UK shop claim to use to be employed by a well known local firm for 20 something years and when I queried with them they said their firm never heard of this man and were very puzzled why he would make that claim.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..