Japanese-Antiques.com

That guy, J.R. Miller (I think it's Jim) was a pioneer as a gaijin competing in the Japanese sword market from Japan.  I never bought from him but know he built quite a business.  The website has sat there unchanged for quite a while, and he states that he has been in the field for 33 years in the site, so I wonder if he is still active or as active as he once was.   Do any of our Tokyo based NMB members know him and know the status of the business?  

The item I want to purchase is this one, even I still don't know the price and availability.

post-4169-0-93058400-1510060934_thumb.jpg

Or, of course if someone has similar fitting, I would be interested in buying them.
The reason is simple I want to replicate a specific Japanese sword used in a movie and these fittings are the right ones.

Jim died of congestive heart failure in 2011. I knew him very well when I lived in Tokyo. As stated above, a very controversial person. His girlfriend Maeda is still trying to sell off his inventory or items, mostly fittings. I saw her at a DTI a few years ago, but am not sure how to get in contact with her anymore. Maybe someone in Japan might know.

Brent

Jim died of congestive heart failure in 2011. I knew him very well when I lived in Tokyo. As stated above, a very controversial person. His girlfriend Maeda is still trying to sell off his inventory or items, mostly fittings. I saw her at a DTI a few years ago, but am not sure how to get in contact with her anymore. Maybe someone in Japan might know.

Brent

Hello,

Should someone have success in contacting Maeda, whom I do not know, further information posted would be appreciated if she is still legitimately selling items. Thank you.

Some years ago I tried to purchase an item from this website that very sketchily and abruptly fell through. Which came as no surprise based on being forewarned and the seller's controversial reputation. 

believe or not i got a response from her in 2016... not sure if any of this info is still good

<tomoeya.samurai.gallery@gmail.com> Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 5:13 PM  

Tomoeya samurai gallery
Director Mayumi Maeda

巴屋サムライギャラリー
住所:〒158-0093東京都世田谷区上野毛2-5-25-203
TEL:090-8465-1020 

Twitter : @TOMOE_YA_77

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

There is a certain symmetry in this discussion of Jim Miller just after we remembered Bob Coleman. They were different guys and different kinds of guys, but both reflected the glory days of the Japanese sword explosion. Riding that explosion was an adventure for lots of people, a bonanza for others, and a barely glimpsed event for far too many.

Peter

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..