Real Or Fake Quizzzzzzzzzzzzz (Tassels)

lonely panet

I'll take a stab, although I am a noobie, this can be fun! My initial gut instinct was that it was a fake, just the white and yellow is just too white and yellow, but I cannot actually see anything wrong with the "production?" or the style of the tassel. 

Waiting to be corrected :P

Matt

:laughing:  I never saw this before. Looks like new, but if you look deeper in the pictures there are some signs of wear. 

For me it looks genuine but i can't judge something what i never seen before  :)

Thanks for showing.  :thumbsup:

In the hand, its not too hard to tell. In the picture below, left IJ Navy, centre IJ Army, and the right late war IJ Army. The way to tell the late war apart, is that it is lighter and brighter than the Navy tassel. Hope the picture is clear enough to tell the difference. By the way, the late war officer tassels in my experience are quite difficult to find. Neil. 

post-3858-0-87169900-1509656087_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

In the hand, its not too hard to tell. In the picture below, left IJ Navy, centre IJ Army, and the right late war IJ Army. The way to tell the late war apart, is that it is lighter and brighter than the Navy tassel. Hope the picture is clear enough to tell the difference. By the way, the late war officer tassels in my experience are quite difficult to find. Neil.

I have one late army. I take a photo tomorrow.

I have only two tassels. One a late war officer blue and brown that I took off a pattern 8 NCO. Then I have the red one I think I read was around major rank.

I honestly know nothing about tassels other than what I can read in books. I avoid them because I couldn't recognise a fake and I find them a little fragile for my liking. Probably should get one NCO tassel though.

I will post them tonight, see what you guys think.

Here they are. What do you think?

post-3293-0-08362400-1509689880_thumb.jpg

post-3293-0-21969400-1509689988_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello,

Both look fine to me...First one is a nicely worn silk company grade army tassel and would compliment any any shin-gunto with a " campaigned" appearance...Second one in red and brown for army field officer major or colonel and very nice,it's silk , the crown and slide being nicely woven...This one I feel would compliment maybe a " minty" type of shin-gunto.. Only my opinion of course and have been known to be wrong...!

Regards,

Paul..

Hello,

Both look fine to me...First one is a nicely worn silk company grade army tassel and would compliment any any shin-gunto with a " campaigned" appearance...Second one in red and brown for army field officer major or colonel and very nice,it's silk , the crown and slide being nicely woven...This one I feel would compliment maybe a " minty" type of shin-gunto.. Only my opinion of course and have been known to be wrong...!

Regards,

Paul..

Agreed. I'd say the Field grade one looks minty, like maybe never used. I'm always leary of the new looking ones because of the fakes out there, but this one looks right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..