Black Wave Deeply Carved Kinko Tsuba

Curran

Sorry gents, but I cannot attribute this one.

I've tried. NBTHK might say ko-kinko, but that doesn't feel right to me.

Description:

(1)  Darkest brown to black waves.

(2)  Very chaotic and perma-wet appearance.

I think it is lower gold content shakudo. It and the deeply carved waves reflect lots of light, such that I wish I had a polarized filter for the camera.

(3)  Carving is very deep and over the edge, even having raised wave crests on the edge. - please see photo.

(4)  Size:  7.4cm x 7.1cm x a tad over 5mm at seppa dai.

This is an pretty one that totally stumps me to attribute.

It could be any one of several early Edo Schools, but all I can do is say "Not Higo, Not Ko-Kinko, Definitely Not Omori"

SOLD

Note: For international buyers, the savings in shipping is often greater than the value of the box.

post-44-0-63103000-1509298853_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-50419600-1509298878_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-59786100-1509298887_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-50543700-1509298897_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-06071300-1509298905_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Florida sunlight is still too bright, even in October. Looking at the tsuba here in its box on the desk, I don't think my photos did a very good job "representing"

Too much macro lens, too much zoom, and too much sunlight.

I may give it another photo or two tomorrow.

I'm not going to pitch this one too hard, as it is a pretty girl who can take care of itself or not.

I'm feeling guilty about recent tea bowl pursuits, and figured I should post one or two things to balance the yin-yang of my hobbies.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cochise,

That is a name I have not heard in a long time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochise

Assuming it isn't your given name, Ken is right to ask you please adjust your signature file with name per Forum Leader Brian's rules.

This tsuba was on Hold then Sold a few hours after listing.

The new owner just confirmed receipt the other day.

I'm still getting PMs about it and inquiries about any other tsuba. I don't have any tsuba for sale at the moment.

Brian can delete or lock this thread at his discretion, as it shouldn't be bumping over other listings like Ed's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..