Support Your Local Nihonto Message Board!

Hello Nihonto Message Board Friends!

It used to be that we had raffles and other fund raisers for the NMB to raise money so Brian can continue to manage this hobby home that we call NMB.  It has been a while since we have done that, so I thought we should do something.  Brian has made some great improvements and I'm sure that has taken time and money.  Also, having to wade in for our occasional squabbles about fine details of nihonto should earn him some sort of combat pay!

I have just made a $50 contribution to the NMB and encourage all of you who use NMB with any regularity to do the same.  I have not had any discussions with Brian and trust that he won't mind my doing this.

To try to prime the pump on this, I will match the first three $50 gifts with additional $50 gifts of my own. 

Let's start a nice discussion string here and feel free to put in a good word for Brian as well.

Brian, thanks a million for conceiving, establishing, managing and running the NMB!!!

It has assembled a great group of people and is a source of a lot of information and pleasure.  Cheers, Bob

• Like 6

Wow! You guys are awesome :)
That is amazing. Had been concerned about a few upcoming software and hosting bills, so the timing couldn't be more perfect. Thanks folks..that is a huge help.
Thank you Rob for the "campaign" and to those who just took him up on it. I really, really, really do appreciate it. And yes Stephen, you always step up every time :thumbsup:
Paypal stopped giving email addresses in the "you have funds" email, so it is a bit harder to reply every time with a personal thanks. But I do try. And know that if i didn't send one, I got lost trying to track down your email addy from the name given. And a big thanks here to you guys above.
We go through our tough times and our good times. But I still like to think that after 11 years, we have done something very, very few forums are able to achieve online. And kept it free.
Thanks again all.

Brian

• Like 4

Just sent in another $150 to the NMB to match the ones just given by John, Pete and Jean.  Let's keep this going, and please say a few words about what you like about the NMB!

I like the fact that many of the most expert sword collectors and dealers share their wisdom here.  Cheers, Bob

• Like 4

i do have a really nice Yagyu not longer needing.....

just a idea ?

( made such in past already...)

half of the final selling price to me- rest to the board...

o.k. ????

( if yes ?- i´ll post it soon in sales section)

Christian

Of course Christian! That would be fantastic. :clap:

Robert S (mate, I owe you a PM),

What a wonderful and timely reminder.  I often worry about our Beloved Brian and the stress and strain he puts on himself and Nikki.  I've just sent my direct donation (which I believe is "best" for Brian??? i.e., most convenient???) of 1,500 ZAR.  Sometimes wish I was religious so I could carry out an act of piety that I believe the Gods would listen to.  Sadly, its cold, hard cash that keeps the Good Ship NMB afloat.  So Me Hearties, pile it on and go to the Donation page and send $$$ (sorry, ZAR) by direct donation.

With Bestests to All,

BaZZa.

• Like 2

Kind of new to the board but am so greatful it is here. My $50.00 is waiting to be sent to you Brian but I don't know how. Please let me know what to do and the $50.00 will be on its way. As a beginner this is money well spent. Thank you to ALL. and to you Brian for making it all possible

MikeR

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..