Tanto For Sale

Guest Peter McCafferty

Hi, Peter, & welcome to the board.

I'm going to be straightforward, & tell you that people who make their very first post as a sales item aren't looked upon very favorably. How about going to the New Members thread, & telling us something about yourself? Most of us enjoy dealing with members who we've grown to know, rather than someone who signs up only to sell something.

You do have an interesting tanto, & I'm wondering why the hamon seems to suddenly balloon at the machi - that looks rather odd. Do you have any other info on the blade?

Ken

• Like 1

Hi Ken

Thank you for your reply, I have been collecting Nihonto now for around 10 years and NMB was the first place I visited on a daily basis and actually won a book on its yearly prize draw, I don't get a chance much these days to visit the site. My friend and I set up https://www.facebook.com/tokensocietyireland/

For anyone interested in Nihonto in Ireland. As for the blade I know nothing and thought it to be a quite unusual shape for a tanto of this size. I have a number of blades I may want to sell but even if this one doesn't sell I would appreciate any contribution from members on this piece . Many thanks

Peter

Peter, the confusion comes in because you have a new registration/login with 1 post, and an old login with 384 posts that you just used to reply :)
Perhaps you just remembered your old login now?
Can I remove the new login, and continue to use your old login which has a nice history with us going back a long way?
With the recent scammers registering just to try and scam people, sales with almost no history here are of course suspicious. I can vouch for Peter though...his membership goes back to 2009 :)

• Like 1

I have met Peter a few times together with Paul Martin, Maurice Hayes, Tony Norman, Stan Nazarenko, Peter Farrar, Ian Chapman etc when Paul comes to London to deliver swords, kodogu etc and take new commissions. A number of UK members will know him and the more Northern community in the UK and Ireland will know him well. There are not that many "actives" among us in the UK (probably 40-50 people among the 300-400 or so who are signed-up members in the hobby across our UK & Ireland sword societies), so we have met a reasonable number of times.

Thank you gents for clearing that up. Passwords and log ins are not something I always remember. Please Brian if you could delete the old login details and perhaps send me new ones so I can continue to use the more active one

Many thanks

Peter

I have deleted the new one, and since you are currently logged in and using the "peter" one, I assume you have all the details.
Changed the email address to the gmail one.

Let me know if you need help with anything. You can go into your profile and change your display name if you want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..