Hard Fought Battle

One in line for Fuchi, it will a week or so before i receive.

Thanks Christian and Bob!

Steven i had/have a bunch of tosogu in Japan that was to be completed but do to fall out with someone i had all items shipped to my agent, guess he decided not to send tsuka, 

bought this nata/wakizashi without tsuba and tsuka because i had it all with him. so ill have no problem fitting do to measurments received.

post-19-0-11522400-1506294103_thumb.jpg

ill show it all when done

just seen Barrys post Thanks B!

post-19-0-36992700-1506294521_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Those were made for use in Edo castle.

I'm a bit late here.

But if the fuchi are being stripped from tsuka with horn kashira, those had a role for someone in a daimyo clan to be able to wear in Edo castle.

That is the explicit role of this setup.

Don't separate them from their kashira at least, but if possible, better to restore the tsuka.

My two cents. At least keep them with horn kashira. This is not just everyday walking around garbage and they are not orphans from kashira with mon. These belong together and mean something.

Tomoe mon also invokes Hachiman, god of war. I don't know the backstory here and sorry for interrupting.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..