Gendai Or Showa-To

Kojiro1

Hi all new member here. I bought a Gendaito back in 1996 from a Sword show in London. I posted pics of the Nakago on a Facebook group and a member of the group insisted that it wasn't a Gendaito but a Showato. He made this statement based on the file marks above the first kanji. And said that the stamp had been removed. The file marks are a bit strange but there is no dip in the Niku to suggest that anything has been removed. The blade is signed Mino Kuni Seki Ju Kanesaki Saku. Any help with this would be great. As would any info on the smith as I cant seem to find anything on a modern era smith of that name in Mino. Thanks

post-4230-0-71136000-1505490481_thumb.jpg

post-4230-0-43123300-1505490491_thumb.jpg

post-4230-0-30580200-1505490500_thumb.jpg

those file marks are concering, but they were removing them back in the day aswell. 

its most likey a superor  grade "showato"  or a gendai made with a possible mix of imported steal. its just splitting hairs. judge the blade not the stamp.

like koa isshin mantetsu blades and Horii Hideaki's Mikasa gunsteal blades, its about how well you can debate your point.

but good pics of the hamon and JI would help us all see if the gendai goodness 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..