Buyee F/k

just a thought might be my low buying count?

No, it's something like 50 positive sales before Buyee lets members bid. Not sure of the exact number, but approximately 50 or so.

In such cases, it's always a good idea to be a member of more than one proxy. From Japan has good recommendations from people I know, but also demands you bank cash up front before you can participate. It's the give-and-take of what services you want, what cash you're willing to invest, and what percentage of the sale you're willing to pay for it all.

• Like 1

Letter from Buyee

Dear Stephen , This is Buyee Customer Support. Thank you for your email.

We understand the situation. Unfortunately, we are not able to help you to place a bid on this seller's auction [p567527319] , as the following issues may happen:

*Delayed Shipments

*Item is not delivered to Buyee

*Item is damaged during domestic shipments

*Wrong item is shipped *Defective items

*Item does not match the information on the auction page

In addition,

for whether customers can bid from the seller or not, Buyee has set a standard for evaluation instead of judging from the the seller's total ratings directly. Our standard is based on the seller's ratings as a seller and the most recent reviews. Therefore, the evaluation of the seller changes constantly, so you might be unable to place bid on the seller again even if you could before, and vice versa. Regarding your inquired auction, the seller has recently received some bad ratings/reviews.

Based on Buyee evaluation, we hereby consider that there is a higher risk of encountering issues mentioned above to bid from this seller.

We understand that there may be inconvenience caused.

Nonetheless, we are trying to provide you a safer and more enjoyable auctioning experience with Buyee, and your understanding will be greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely, Angela Li

Buyee Customer Support

It looks like a bidder wasn't happy with the dragon koshirae he bought from Megtora11 so recently gave him a negative feedback.

Complaining about the menuki not being gold or something?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s540353707

I assume in time the buyee block will lift as Megtora11 gets more positive feedback...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From Japan

1. What you transfer from Paypal to your FJ account is exactly the same amount. No commission
2. Bidding is easy, fully automated
3. All deposits are automatically refunded in 20 days
4. No commission, just pick a 300 or 700 yen plan and you are covered.
5. Sometimes there are discount days for using PayPal by 5%

6. You can declare whatever value on the good that you want which is better for transit security.

Unless you are buying swords then From Japan cleans up. Forget any other service. 

• Like 1

And, with certain actions/promotions by From Japan you earn points which translate to non refundable but usable Yen.
I now have 1065 Yen in points which I can use for payment, bidding et cetera.
Like a nice saving's account though a slow one.

Also, when you come across an auction which is blocked you can request them to unblock it if it is not clearly a weapon.

I won a sword book by Victor Harris and a Tessen that way.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..