Searching For Dotanuki School

vajo

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved from Grey Doffin (www.japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com) today a very, very nice Dotanuki Katana with Hozon. All aspects of the deal was a pleasure for me. Thank you very much Grey.

I will collect further Dotanuki blades, if someone want to make me happy  :)  (I like that school very much).

Regards

Chris

post-3496-0-53889100-1504013481_thumb.jpgpost-3496-0-31237900-1504024660_thumb.jpgpost-3496-0-33329900-1504042144_thumb.jpgpost-3496-0-69028000-1504042160_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I recieved from Grey Doffin (www.japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com) today a very, very nice Dotanuki Katana with Hozon. All aspects of the deal was a pleasure for me. Thank you very much Grey.

I will collect further Dotanuki blades, if someone want to make me happy  :)  (I like that school very much).

Regards

Chris

attachicon.gifdotanuki_katana.jpgattachicon.gifkissaki_dotanuki.jpgattachicon.gifjihada.jpgattachicon.gifso-no-kurikara.jpg

Lovely blade! Please tell us about it! :)

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

thank you for your kind words.  :)

It is a mumei o-suriage higo dotanuki blade around genki period with hozon papered.

The nagasa is 70.5 cm with a wide o-kissaki, the blade has a broad mihada.

The hamon ist suguha and gunome. Very nice cut hiromono and bo-hi on both sides, bonji fudo myoo and a so-no kurikara dragon around a ken.

The blade is very powerfull, with a gold plated ganseki habaki. The blade is stored in a old shirasaya with sayagaki.

I'm very proud to have this nice sword. Thanks again to Grey.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..