Sales Experience: Nihontocollector (Luis)

All,

I tried to find the specific thread of the Morioka Masayoshi that I purchased from Luis (NihontoCollector) with no luck.

Like some, when a new board member starts with his first posts being of swords for sale, I get skeptical. This is why I wanted to share my experience.

When I purchased this sword I wanted to purchase using PayPal but as merchandise and I would pay him back for the fees - because I hadn't done business with him in the past and it afforded some protection. Well when I paid, we both learned that when paying in Euro's from a US account, PayPal took a big chunk of cash. He then asked if he could refund the money and after the sword arrived and I was happy with it, I could pay via F&F. VERY TRUSTING from a seller who has never done any business with me, especially since he was shipping it to the US from the EU (good luck prosecuting for a relatively low cost blade across country lines). To me this was very telling of Luis as a seller. He wanted to be sure I was satisfied even after the sword shipped and he was left holding all the risk.

The blade arrived and after inspection, it is good, exactly as pictured, with quick postage, and no issues what so ever. So if you are considering one of his swords - and there are a few nice ones to choose from - please do not hesitate due to lack of duration for his NMB membership. He's a good and honest seller in my experience.

Thanks Luis for a nice sword from a rare smith.

• Like 8

Hello Joe,

thank you very much for taking your time and leaving this very kind review.

I am very happy that you like the sword. When looking for Morika Masayoshi a post on the NMB showed up with a fine Morioka Masayoshi Katana - owned by you :) So your purchase came as no suprise and I believe this Tanto went to the right new owner who will appreciate it.

Best regards

• Like 3

I know ultimately it's always dollars and cents, but I wish I was a multi millionaire and could find the right buyer for any sword. I think in this hobby it's crucial. A sword may have zero feeling wise to one guy who is just buying a name or style, but it's another person's unicorn sword. Though I am told a sword always finds it's way to it's real lover. Hope so!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..