Need Opinion On Samurai Armor

Julian

Helle everyone 

im just curius about the quality for this armor 

i want to buy one full set armor kit but i dont have the 10k for that

did this armor is a OK quality for the price and quality 

Thks All 

here the link on ebay :

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Japanese-samurai-ARMOR-Golden-2-mai-Dou-gusoku-yoroi-kabuto-MENPO/152622355179?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Helle everyone 

im just curius about the quality for this armor 

i want to buy one full set armor kit but i dont have the 10k for that

did this armor is a OK quality for the price and quality 

Thks All 

here the link on ebay :

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Japanese-samurai-ARMOR-Golden-2-mai-Dou-gusoku-yoroi-kabuto-MENPO/152622355179?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It looks to be in good condition, the price is ok, the shipping is a bit high in my opinion but as long as you are aware that it is not an antique and it suits your needs go for it.

This is a Showa era Japanese SAMURAI armor.About 40 years old. made in Japan Kagoshima。Full iron. Modern figure. Can wear.

This is a set private style. Very rare. You can decorate your study or office with it.If you love the Japanese kendo. This is the best decoration armor 。

Custom price 40 years ago:Price:US $1,550.00 Approximately C $1,957.65 Shipping: US $325.00 (approx. C $410.47)

edaa835917b0bb4c7f8ba7642ff243b7.jpg

Renbu (ji) is a cool guy, based in Japan, send him a message via ebay, see if he will drop the price.

Also it may be worth looking at Yahoo Japan, they have gendai armours listed every week, some sell cheap.

You can search the listings via agents like buyee / Jauce and Samurai Kyobai.

Good luck.

• Like 1

For infomation.

I currently advise for a manufacturer of gendai katchu called Iron Mountian, aka Tetsu Yama. USA based company dealing via FOB.

Iron Mountian own one factory in china, they also buy from the two other factories in china that produce katchu. All commercially made gendai katchu for display is made in china, some of which is exported to mainland Japan for assembly. There are only two outlets that make reproduction armour solely in Japan, one being odwara san, the other making fantasy armour is in fact two smiths from china that now live there working from a small workshop.

The suit listed above is a high quality reproduction that has been stamped in china, then sent to Japan for assembly. It is mild steel, gold paint and cotton odoshi. These armours were very mich in demand back in the 80's where corporations wanted displays in the receptions etc. Armours made today by Katchu.com and the old Kozan No Yoroi Do models are the most authentic versions.

Chris is completely correct with his comment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..