Any Information On School/ Swordsmith

Hi Members

I have recently added to my collection a very nice Ryo-Shinogi-(Omi)-Yari with a nagasa of 57cm, mihaba of 3.6cm, ubu nakago and signed Oshu Aizu ju Shimosaka. In all possibility a special order or commissioned yari due to the length and size. I have searched through Markus's books, other reference books that I have, the web and have contacted collectors here in Australia to find out more about the school/ swordsmith that may have made this yari. However there only seems to be a small amount of information available that has been found. Hence the following question;

What information is out there in relation to "Oshu Aizu Ju Shimosaka" signature.

Is there anyway to link this signature to a certain smith and/or era.

If this blade was a presentation yari would a smith not include his name so not to "big note" himself?

Or any other information would be great.

Thanks for any help  

John C

post-4104-0-81164900-1499471196_thumb.jpgmei 200KB.jpg]

post-4104-0-60779200-1499471237_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..