Tsuba And Fitting Of New Sword.

mauser99

Dear Wayne,

Always a great feeling when you get to look at a new purchase.  Other than to confirm what you suggest about the saya having been covered in leather was this post just to share or did you want opinions?  If the later then everyone will want some good shots of the nakago and a good overall shot of the blade plus some dimensions.

Meanwhile, enjoy!

And......I have just seen the photos in your other thread........

Both I guess ?  I have many ww2 era swords and I can only assume the saya was leather covered as I have no idea what else to think ?

Most early blades I know have lacquered saya's with an integral loop for lack of a better term.. 

When I posted for translation someone said it was probably replaced ?    Im a novice to these early swords and only collect ww2 era stuff.

The TSUKA photo with the KANJI is upside down, difficult to read. Please clean the TSUBA with your wife's toothbrush, there seems to be a signature starting with TADA....(?).

One MENUKI depicts O-MINOGAME, the 1.000 year old turtle (don't take the age too serious!). 

The TSUKA photo with the KANJI is upside down, difficult to read. Please clean the TSUBA with your wife's toothbrush, there seems to be a signature starting with TADA....(?).

One MENUKI depicts O-MINOGAME, the 1.000 year old turtle (don't take the age too serious!). 

Ok, thank you.. I rotated the image so maybe it is easier to read.  I will look the tsuba over and get a photo of the mei on the tsuba.

post-3413-0-35158300-1497551525_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..