Yoshifusa, Previously Known As Tadafusa [Tadayoshi School]

KarlPeterSmith

Hizen no kuni Tadafusa (Just thought you'd maybe like to look and decide for yourselves.)

TADAFUSA changed his name to YOSHIFUSA and has swords by himself recorded 1624-1644

Hizen Saga ju Fujiwara Yoshifusa

Hizen no kuni ju Minamoto Yoshifusa

Student of Shodai Tadayoshi.

There is a sword signed by both YOSHIFUSA and YOSHINAGA (who died young 1638) [who was Munenaga’s son and also a horimono carver himself]

It appears that the 1630-1632 swords (which were later cutting tested) may show the hand of YOSHIFUSA. Marks from the strikes appear to have been made with the same force and direction into the metal as to leave the same shapes and ripples ( outside of the characters).

I just brought YOSHIFUSA into the spotlight as he is one name little talked about yet his hand is like the ‘Elves who appear in the night and make little cotton booties’.

More is apparent when viewing the attached sword comparisons.

post-2842-0-73897500-1496759439_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

SOME... 'Shodai Tadahiro' swords - seem to have been signed by up to three generations of the Umetada family and also by the young student Yukihiro ( who at the young age of 13 started at the same age as his grandfather Shodai Tadayoshi)

Up until now... as I understand 1642 (year of the famine in Japan) was the understood age for the first sword made by Yukihiro. I only recall this as it married up with the famine. Markus Sesko may have mentioned an earlier find.

...this has come to light from growing signature evidence from his schoolmaster father Yoshinobu 

and known evidence of Masahiro being solely a sword maker elsewhere (further shown by his own hand in his own writing style based elsewhere. 2 horizontal lines in Fujiwara) whereas the Umetada family used 3 in their Shige-YOSHI...which was a hint/clue as-if to say look-look we did it.

and a 'said' posthumously-signed Umetada Myoju sword (signed by his son Shigeyoshi and grandson Hikoemon) was a great reference to the ICHI present on all future Yukihiro swords. I even think that Hikoemon was filed off one Yukihiro leaving merely the ICHI above the freshly blanked area. I guess to increase the price by making it appear more of a Tadayoshi school blade than an Umetada school blade. Swings-and-roundabouts.

I put together this image...the years and months around 1632 to let you decide. 

Note: The Umetada sword is dated when Myoju was still alive but the source says it was posthumously signed...so logic dictates the signatures were made by members still living. 

Just thought this was interesting. 

post-2842-0-86784100-1533816983_thumb.jpg

Agree.
I try and determine exactly what is being said...then eventually my head spins and I give up.
Something about something. A lot of work proving something or other that is probably unlikely. But hey...maybe oneday it will be explained in simple short points without us having to decode pics.

I too have difficulty trying to understand, but the Alex Jones cut was unnecessary.....whether one agrees with someone's politics or opinions, to try to silence their ability to speak freely is wrong (in my opinion; as an American, I have put my life on the line in service to preservation of freedom.)

• Like 3

Dear Steve,

The freedom for which you fought also includes the responsibility to analyse critically and to form reasoned judgements about what is said.  Critical debate is what freedom of speech is all about. No one has silenced this post, indeed some of us have worked at understanding it's central point.  As this is not the first time that we have encountered that difficulty with this series of posts some members have made a critical observation.  If I had laboured long and hard over an intellectual study and shared it I would want others to understand my point, if they did not then I would be at pains to explain it.

All the best.

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..