National Treasures Book Update

Sorry, couldn't find original thread to update.

National Treasure Swords (and koshirae) of Japan Book.

I had a very productive meeting with the publisher yesterday. Subject to crowd funding (as the price of the photographic rights of every National Treasure sword and koshirae are very high), we are considering the possibility of producing the book in A4 (standard), and A3 (500 copy limited edition signed and numbered ). We have begun preparations for our crowd funding presentations.

I can't tell you too much as, the book hasn't gone into production yet. I can tell you that it plans to feature every National Treasure sword and koshirae in Japan (plus one imperial collection). It is in English, I don't know how many pages, but the original document still with in need of some adjustments and captions is already over 55,000 words, with essays on Japanese culture/swords explanations for all the objects featured and a very detailed explanation of parts and activities of swords etc (Re parts and activies: if you Have the 'Nihon no Bi:Nihonto' book, you will know. If you don't, you have a treat coming). Compulsory sword shape chart and glossary, etc, etc.

• Like 13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..