Help With These Kozuka

PhoenixDude

Both of these kozuka are thick solid material, not plated. that's about all I can tell you about them.

The spine of the copper one says 千四百五. aka 1405.

I think the back says:

千不二六十七翁月人子
富隨X

Which I believe the signature is supposed to be from a guy named 齋藤富隨 or Saito Fuzui?

post-4053-0-66766000-1495408747_thumb.jpgpost-4053-0-30557000-1495408757_thumb.jpgpost-4053-0-82169900-1495408764_thumb.jpg

post-4053-0-13892100-1495408905_thumb.jpg

Looks right to me, except I would like to see a better close up of the spine. 千四百五 may well be correct, but it is unusual.

It would not be a date - so it is odd (for me) to see a seemingly random number like this. 

It depends on what you know already. You asked for help, but how much do you want?

In your first post you said: "Both of these kozuka are thick solid material, not plated. that's about all I can tell you about them." Then you mentioned that you knew one was copper.

So I told you the other was probably iron, but you then said: "Yeah last one is inlaid iron. Mumei."

This made me feel stupid. If you already knew that it was iron, why ask, and why not give the information that you already knew?

So now, if I add anything more, you might well say that you already knew that, so I am not really feeling generous any more. :(

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..