Any Thoughts On Maybe Handachi? In Military Koshirae

Thatsme

Hello all,

Just a short one, I'm looking at this sword in the next few days & it will be in hand for better pics to be posted soon.

In advance, I'll apologize for these pics, they've all i got so far untill i get to it.

Please if anyone has any comments or suggestions on it

Thanks

ps.The Tsuka Has not been ever removed

post-3829-0-32843800-1495364954_thumb.jpgpost-3829-0-02421900-1495365004_thumb.jpgpost-3829-0-47552000-1495365046_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

cant tell much but looks like standard gunto mounts on a saya that has lost all its paint. 

The blade looks ok at first glance but you would need a lot more and better images before making any judgement on it.

cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Sorry about the pics, they're the only ones that were sent by the owner. I will be having it in hand hopefully by 2moro.

2 me so far, yes the blade looks alittle alive, but the mounts seem too plain for the blades look of quality.

Do you think an older sword maybe, in standard military mountings (type 1??)

Boshi also looks hard to see, somewhat + you can't really judge the sori from his pics

Can't wait to see anyways in hand, just for a look. The owners want to get rid of it & are looking to pass it on. But they haven't told me a price they want yet

Thanks again

Mark

Hi Mark.

Hard to tell from the images but it may be an older blade in good gunto mounts, nothing wrong with them apart from the lack of paint.  When yo get it and can take the tsuka off then images of that and an overall shot of the blade would help.

Enjoy.

Sorry, got another that is a Handachi in similar, not gunto, mounts, was only a guess.

+ i Wouldnt Now know how to change tittle..sorry, new to it all + i do all this on my phone & not on computer..Don't have one!!

Mark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..