Nqr - Trash & Treasure Sale

FletchSan

Hi All,

Moving on a few of my "not quite right" swords and tsuba. Some of these will either bring a tear to your eye at the abuse they've had or a sparkle in a potential and challenging restoration project :)

All prices are in USD + Paypal Fees & Shipping costs.

1. Koto Katana, probably late muromachi mino den. This was a ww2 bring back that I had a window done on. The window showed very nice workmanship, though the hamon dips / fades near the kissaki, so I decided not to proceed to a full polish. It would still look marvellous fully polished, though probably wouldn't result in a return on the investment for me. $1500

Nagasa : 68cm

Sori: 1.8cm

Now to the horror stories. These two Katana were found in an attic, abused and left to rot. The two iron tsubas were all that were left along with the blades.

2. Koto Tachi. This looks very early, o-suriage with a wonderful sugata. It has been abused with several chips along the edge and also has a fairly decent opening / blister that can be seen mid way along the blade that would need to be filled if restored. To be honest, not sure there's a polish left in this. $600

Nagasa: 67.3cm

Sori: 3.3cm

3. Shinto Katana. This is quite a beefy and straight blade with similar abuse to the tachi in respect to the chips along the edge. It does seem more healthy though would be an expensive polish.

​It is signed Muneshige and the signature looks good. I'll include a picture of a polished Muneshige for comparison of the signature as well. $750 (SOLD)

Nagasa: 63.5cm

Sori: 1cm

4. 2 * Iron Tsuba. These came with the swords above $50ea (SOLD)

​5. Shingunto Tsuba and 3 * Seppa $100

6. Japanese Ken / Tanto. Interesting piece, probably a domestic Meiji period Ken for the home shrine. The horimono carving is excellent and might be an interesting one to restore. $1200

Photos coming.

cheers,

Ben

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..