Sad News

These are very sad news! I am so sorry to read this!

I got to know Thierry personally in September 2014 in 
Besançon (France), and I will remember him as a very friendly and knowledgeable collector friend. A great loss for our little community! My condolences go out to his family and all who knew him.

For people who are inclined to, you can send your condolences to his mother, no matter the idioma, he was only 52 and was suffering lately from heart problems:

Mme Denise Bernard

22 rue de la Croisette

10200 Bar sur Aube

France

• Like 1

I have been in correspondence with Thierry's niece via FB she read when members have asked for a address, Grandma's address is

see Jean posted same time 

28 March at 9 pm at the crematorium du Mont Valérien 104 Rue Du Calvaire 92000 Nanterre. For all those who want to say goodbye to Thierry. We do not want any flowers or plates, thank you. A book of condolences will be held at your disposal.

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 1

This is incredibly sad news, I've dealt with Thierry several times in the past and he was a true Gentleman, his aura will be missed here.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends, and members who had a relationship with him. RIP.

Thank you Jean for bring this to light, all the best.

Brian,

I have already provided his niece with this link. She is reading all the posts of this topic. I have already offer my help, should the family want to have Thierry's tsuba collection upraised or sold. Thierry being a friend, it is the least I can do for his heirs.

• Like 3

Can someone post a picture of Thierry, so some of us have a face to put to the name?

Every time we had a fund raising raffle, Thierry was one of the first to offer a prize every time. He also contributed after every sale. This was a man that never argued with anyone here, never had a bad word to say, and never had anything bad said about him or his sales. Everyone was happy with their deals, and enjoyed dealing with him. I will cherish the tsuba or 2 that I got from him.
Too soon. It pains me that he was online here on Saturday morning..maybe soon before his passing. I hope he knew how many friends he had here, and that he would be missed by so many.
Too many losses in the Nihonto community. Such is life..all we can do is make use of the time we have.

• Like 7

Very shocked to learn of Thierry's sad passing....I have been busy elsewhere of late and selectively reading here. My condolences to his family and friends. He was well respected and will be greatly missed.

I will miss Thierry's contributions here as im sure all our knowledge and respect for Tsuba is greater thanks to him and it was quite obvious that he he was a nice man. Condolences to his Family, we will miss him. RIP Thierry.

Greg

Very sad news indeed. Thierry had always been highly supportive of my work and backed every single joint project we did here on the NMB. To give you an example of his kindness, Thierry just donated to the Gendaito Project on Thursday the 15th, the day before he presumably died, as Jean meantioned in his initial post. That makes me very sad and the very least I can do to pay tribute to Thierry's enthusiasm is to dedicate the finished Gendaito book to him. Rest in peace.

• Like 13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..