Shinsaku Tsuba Fs ~ Akasaka “Geese And Grass”

Kevin Adams

Evening all! I've just finished up a small series of tsuba as a way to dive back into the work after my return to Canada from England (more about this in my blog this evening).

This is a piece I’ve wanted to make for some time now, and have been waiting for just the right piece of material to do it with.

I recently got access to some antique wrought iron and the means to have it worked, so decided that there was no better time than the present.

The piece is a study of a well-known Akasaka tsuba by the 7th master Tadatoki.

81mm x 84mm x 5mm.

Antique wrought iron plate with copper sekigane, comes with a custom-fitted kiribako.

$950USD plus shipping and PayPal fees, if applicable.

Thanks for looking!

post-146-0-30847300-1490041062_thumb.jpgpost-146-0-13062300-1490041077_thumb.jpgpost-146-0-77040300-1490041159_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I sort of bumpted one of Kevins tsuba sale posts to say I received the Akasaka “Moon And Grass” tsuba today

A real work of art

I've noticed on earlier posts the collectors who wished they could have bought Fords work while they could afford it

You have a chance to own a Gold medal winners tsuba makers work while it is still affordable!

If you look on Kevin's site/Facebook you can see how much he is improving and will keep getting better

In a few years time I'm going to love seeing a post like:

'collectors who wished they could have bought Kevins work while they could afford it'

• Like 2

This piece is still for sale! I'm a little surprised no one has snatched this up yet, maybe it's a little too abstract?

This is, in my opinion, the very essence of later Akasaka work - abstract, delicate and flowing designs on a thick, sturdy plate. This piece also shows a possible stylistic connection with Owari tsuba design, a topic that's been discussed here in the past - there's a piece in the Sasano gold book that is very similar (I also want to make that one, if I can find a suitable piece of iron).

You need this, it feels great in hand and the antique wrought iron is lovely. 

I've started making preparations for the new studio space, selling these pieces would go a long way towards smoothing that transition. Thanks!

$850USD + shipping and PayPal fees.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..